How about those Knights?

No reason to write off the big club's season, but I agree that there are a lot of reasons to be excited about the players coming up. Give them some time in the minors to learn the pro game (or North American game in some cases), and they'll be ready when the Flames come calling, whether that be later this season or next fall. Omaha has been on a tear lately, and as some of us were saying prior to the season, the Knights look like a Calder Cup threat.

8-0 is a pretty good start.  Boyd is also in top 10 scoring.  Does anybody know what the lines are?  who is Boyd playing with?  What about Chucko, Taratukhin, Prust, etc?

8-0-1-0, actually. :wink:

Still, pretty darned good.

Starting lines are indicated in box scores, and they have varied, although Taratukhin and Prust seem to be inseparable -- Moss gets in on that line a lot. Chucko seems to play a lot with Donally and/or Peters. Boyd is listed once with Maki and Germyn, and I know they've been playing together a lot.

Oct. 6

Moss - Taratukhin - Prust

Hambly - Regehr

Oct. 7

Chucko - Donally - Peters

Ramholt - Ference

Oct. 14

Ramholt - Ference

Oct. 15

Chucko - Donally - Peters

Hambly - Regehr

Oct. 20

Palin - Ference

Oct. 21

Chucko - Peters - Van Der Gulik

Palin - Ference

Oct. 26

Cunning - Taylor - Godard

Ramholt - Ference

Oct. 27

Boyd - Maki - Germyn

Hambly - Regehr

Oct. 28

Taratukhin - Prust - Couture

Hambly - Regehr

Regehr and Hambly are both +11 through nine games.

Godard is listed as a defenceman in most box scores. He appears to have replaced Pardy in the lineup in some earlier games. I'm not sure if he is now dressing as a seventh D or if it's just a continuing misprint.

They may lose a step or two, but they'll be fine. They roll four lines, they have the best goaltending tandem in the league, and, unlike some teams, they are almost entirely NHL prospects to some degree -- a lot of teams are half filler, but every single one of the Knights is Flames property.

• 2 weeks later...

i live in omaha...the knights r amazing but not a lot of ppl go to the games cuz we have 2 other hockey teams in town. The University of Nebraska Omaha Mavericks and the River City Lancers, so its kinda sad wen only like 1,000 ppl go to a game. But their attendance is up this season, and iv been to every game. and plan on goin to all 40 home games this season.

we always get free tickets cuz we dress up as knights for the games and we r prolly the loudest fans at the arena.

if ya wanna kno more go to www.myspace.com/omahaknights, theres a lot of stuff on there!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would just like to congratulate the baby flames for a terrific season. I know it's hard playing in that league with all the travel and even harder sometimes to gel as a team. Players always going up, coming down, goes round and round, barely playing with the same guys for 2 games, that kinda stuff. But being a fan of the best team in the world theres nothing better than seeing the youngs guns doing so good. Congrats and Keeper Er Up!!

Carsen Germyn, David Van Der Gulik, Andrei Taratukhin, Warren Peters, Brandon Prust, Curtis McElhinney (yes the goalie!), Justin Taylor, Tomi Maki, Eric Godard, Dustin Boyd, Dave Moss...

we (the Knights) have sent up wut, 9...10 players so far this season? i think theyv helped a lot...ik Moss and Giordano have :lol:

Carsen Germyn, David Van Der Gulik, Andrei Taratukhin, Warren Peters, Brandon Prust, Curtis McElhinney (yes the goalie!), Justin Taylor, Tomi Maki, Eric Godard, Dustin Boyd, Dave Moss...

we (the Knights) have sent up wut, 9...10 players so far this season? i think theyv helped a lot...ik Moss and Giordano have  :lol:

Germyn was a good hole-filler while he was up.

Van Der Gulik, Taratukin, Maki and Prust all need a bit more time to develop.

Peters is unlikely to see the NHL... ever. Same with Taylor.

McElhinney isn't going to sit on the bench any better than McLennan does.

None of the players you mentioned are likely to make any kind of difference at the NHL level this year. Although, I would have said the same thing about Moss, and he proved me wrong. But lightning rarely strikes twice.

i didnt c that part about this season...i meant in the future. my bad!

taylor has been slow to recover from his broken hand he has in November of 2006. hes only a second yr player ne how! i agree that some of these guys need more time to develop here b4 they have a shot @ the NHL level. have u been down to c a Knights game? or were @ the Saddledome wen they had like a Knights "update" and they showed Knights fans?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1st place in the division...#1 team in the western conference

wuts not to love?

Glad to see the farm boys are doing great. I think we could use a few of the guys up here to inject a little energy and heart into the team. Go Knights Go. When we have a few guys up from the farm I allways wear my Red Kinights jersey in support to the Flames home games.

rite on!!

hopefully Calgary wont call up too many of our guys for their playoff push as we r making ours as well. im keeping my fingers crossed

How is Boyd doing? I hope he is up here next year. I watched the guy when he was in the WHL playing against the Hitman. If he is up here next year I am going to get a Boyd jersey.

I was wondering how you guys like van der Gulik. He's 4th in team scoring but most impressive is he's +20, next closest is Chucko at +6. He kinda reminds me of Moss only 1 year behind and more of a defensive style player.

Moss -> 7th round pick in 2001, 4 years in NCAA, good rookie season in AHL, doing great with the Flames this year.

van der Gulik -> 7th round pick in 2002, 4 years in NCAA, good rookie season in AHL, do you think we'll see him next year like we did Moss this year?

Archived