Sutter impressed during Omaha trip

The advantage of not having to coach is that Sutter gets to scout the AHL and other minor and junior leagues.  Just the fact that Sutter has time for scouting is going to bode well for the future of the Flames.

Exactly what I was going to say when i saw this thread. He'll have a much better idea who is gonna be ready and do a better job of preparing the lineup for the flames.

Not to mention he'll have a better idea when it comes to the draft. Hes done well recently, but think now he may be able to take more chances given what he sees.

Something to note was that the Iowa stars coming into the 2 games against the Knights were undefeated going 6-0. We managed to take both wins on them with Boyd getting the winning goal tonight which makes him the leading scorer in the league at the moment.

This seems like a very confident bunch and is going to be fantastic in deveolping our players. Right now they are the best team in the AHL.

Why is this thread not being discussed on the Flames side of the index.  What Sutter has to say should not be burried over here where view dare to venture.  

In any event glad to see more people are opening their eyes to the talent that is Dustin Boyd.  

I know, I know,  he is not strong enough, right.

:roll: Everyone knows that he has talent, but the majority of us think that he needs some seasoning in the AHL. I'm glad that he's tearing it up down there, and i think he's got to keep it up, perhaps he will force us in bringing him up.

If you ever watched any of the games, you would know that Boyd was getting pushed off the puck very easily, in a way he reminded me of Kobasew with a lot more talent.

Why is this thread not being discussed on the Flames side of the index.  What Sutter has to say should not be burried over here where view dare to venture.

It's about the Knights, so it's in the Knights' forum. Maybe more people should come over to this side and check it out.

In any event glad to see more people are opening their eyes to the talent that is Dustin Boyd.  

I know, I know,  he is not strong enough, right.

A lot of people are aware of Boyd... how could we not be after his great camp. The fact that Sutter hasn't called him up even though there is room for him and he obviously thinks Boyd is a fantastic player shows that even Sutter believes he needs some seasoning. He'll be great when he's ready, just like the rest of the half-dozen or so surefire NHLers on that team.

Bandwagon - agree more people should check out this site.

I still get a vibe from a lot of Flames fans that it is an anyone but Boyd in a call up situation and the excuse is always he is not strong enough. That is simply not true and even if somehow he was weaker than the average 6' 193 lb. pro hockey player why would that prevent him from being successful? He was the best in preseason, he is the best on Omaha game in and game out and there are many examples of much smaller players contributing huge to teams that are more successful than the Flames. Briere in Buffalo is one very good example.

I can go with him benefitting with some time in the AHL but not players do and he may just be one of them. The only sub par game he had in pre season was San Jose and every Flame stunk most worst than him including Iggy and Tanguay. No Flame thus far has demonstrated the consistency that this kid is in Omaha.

Just has to make you wonder whether he would help. Most think NO I think YES.

Bandwagon - agree more people should check out this site.

I still get a vibe from a lot of Flames fans that it is an anyone but Boyd in a call up situation and the excuse is always he is not strong enough.  That is simply not true and even if somehow he was weaker than the average 6' 193 lb. pro hockey player why would that prevent him from being successful? He was the best in preseason, he is the best on Omaha game in and game out and there are many examples of much smaller players contributing huge to teams that are more successful than the Flames.  Briere in Buffalo is one very good example.

I can go with him benefitting with some time in the AHL but not players do and he may just be one of them.  The only sub par game he had in pre season was San Jose and every Flame stunk most worst than him including Iggy and Tanguay.  No Flame thus far has demonstrated the consistency that this kid is in Omaha.

Just has to make you wonder whether he would help.  Most think NO I think YES.

I agree that he would help us out on the big club as well... but he can still do better if he played more in Omaha. Let him tear it up down there and get his confidence up so that when he comes to the big league, he can just go crazy.

We bring up the fact he's pushed off the puck easily because that's the only major flaw we saw from him, but the reason people are saying to keep him down is so that he can just get better. Nobody wants to rush our top-prospect onto the club, bring him along nice and slow.

Archived