GDT - Game 1 - Calgary @ Vancouver - 09-Oct-25 8:00PM

Kulstad

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too many penalties that period.  Nonstop PK and the PK is brutal... Needs work.  The Canucks deserve credit for their PP but still.

Only bright spot was Mantha.  He had a breakaway early... Lazy shot attempt like he didn't care... Then after the whole Rooney thing and Mantha's blood got boiling, he scores a beauty on his second breakaway.  When he cares, he's a great player.

I wonder if they will pull Vladar after another one (and you can feel the Canucks are going to score another two more).

32 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Not sure how Miller didn’t get a penalty on that hit, Rooney didn’t even touch the puck at any point. Brutal non call.

Calgary has behind the play the whole game. Need to calm down and start getting some shots and pressure on the rookie goalie.

Rooney didn't have the puck but Miller did... Miller barely chipped the puck forward and braced for impact immediately.  Just shoulder to shoulder and Rooney got the worst of it.

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

Rooney didn't have the puck but Miller did... Miller barely chipped the puck forward and braced for impact immediately.  Just shoulder to shoulder and Rooney got the worst of it.

It's a fine line and a fast game.

Sometimes a players to realize when someone is in a vulnerable position and try and layoff instead of finishing a check.

Flames looked a lot better, but maybe the Nucks just were not playing well.

Flames have trouble with the basics, like simple passes.

Long passes from the D along the boards.

Not seeing players in the way of a long pass.

I'm surprised we had any zone time considering all that.

Yes, Mantha was one of the lone bright lights.

Speed and not backing down from anyone.

Whether the maskless goal was good according to the refs post goal, almost every time a goalie's mask comes off it's blown down right away.  Doesn't matter who has the puck.  The goalie has zero opportunity to make a save.  A player loses his helmet and he is not allowed to continue play without it.  Kind of a double standard is it not?  

On the other game, 5-0 on 17 shots?  614 SA%.

Team Canada goalie of the year.

I knew I would be bad karma for McDavid.