Preseason GDT Sept. 25/24 - Calgary @ Van; 8pm MT; Flames TV; radio @ Fan 960

conundrumed

Finally got to watch the game with commentators.

3rd period, Flames down 2-1.

Pospicil and Honzek on a rush, and Pops puts one in the spot just infront of the net, right on Honzek's stick.

Deft tip into the net, up high.  Couldn't tell if he stickhandled in close or opened up the blade.  2-2

Later, Basha rifles a pass to a streaking Hunt who 5-holes it on the goalie.  3-2.

Wolf had 2 GA on 19 shots.  .943 on 53 shots this pre-season.

10 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Finally got to watch the game with commentators.

3rd period, Flames down 2-1.

Pospicil and Honzek on a rush, and Pops puts one in the spot just infront of the net, right on Honzek's stick.

Deft tip into the net, up high.  Couldn't tell if he stickhandled in close or opened up the blade.  2-2

Later, Basha rifles a pass to a streaking Hunt who 5-holes it on the goalie.  3-2.

Wolf had 2 GA on 19 shots.  .943 on 53 shots this pre-season.

I fell asleep between periods darnit!! Cooley had just come in @ 2-1 Van if I remember correctly.

I've reached the age of 9pm cutoff unless I've napped. lol

9 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I fell asleep between periods darnit!! Cooley had just come in @ 2-1 Van if I remember correctly.

I've reached the age of 9pm cutoff unless I've napped. lol

I had to cast off my laptop to TV but there was no sound for the longest time.  I gave up for a bit, but tuned it in for the 3rd.  Hard to follow without knowing the player names and wasn't clear enough to see the names.  

Cooley was good.  The Flames went up 3-2 and it was a very short Sprong vs Cooley with 20 seconds left.  Sprong went wide and Cooley stretched to try to cover the right post (my right).  Appeared to be hurt.  He was good in what I saw.

The OT was a lot of nothing to begin with.  Flames walked in, Pospisil had it on a string, and went behind the net to find some options.  Was tripped and that set up a 3 on 2.  More like a 3 on 0, so it was an easy tap in.  I don't know if the trip on Pops was a penalty, but 9 out of 10 they call it.  We are usually the 10.  

Solo absolutely crush a player, and likely a missed interference call, but it ticked off all of the Nucks.  They went after him every time he was on the ice.  I liked Basha and Honzek in this.  Honzek has 6 points in 3 games.  Duehr looked like a NHL regular that was just playing scrimmage.  Not what I expect from him.  Pelletier has the compete, but isn't hitting his stride yet.  Cooley and Wolf are standouts in every game they play.  Either could be the backup this year.