GDT Flames @ Islanders Feb10/24 11 am Start

This is why I was more excited getting Weegar in that trade than Huberdeau. Such a good and underrated dman

Better yet, only 1 of those goals is on the power play. All of those guys have at least 5 plus in the same time frame. 

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

4th line looks better with Pelletier and Rooney.

Yup, I admit I had written off Rooney after last year.

Maybe playing with Lucic hurt his game?

Me too TD. I couldn’t validate BT saying Rooney was a guy on their radar. Looking ok now! 

The moves and injection of youth has me excited to watch flames hockey again. GFG! 

1 minute ago, LouCifer said:

Weird series of events there lol

I'm not sure what the deflection off Tanev had to do with the refs thinking this was a good goal.

If you hit the other team's player but your guy is still offside, how is that even a decision to make.

The refs seemed so confused as to what was going on.

Leave it to a Flames game to have a weird goal and it needs to go to review.

8 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I'm not sure what the deflection off Tanev had to do with the refs thinking this was a good goal.

If you hit the other team's player but your guy is still offside, how is that even a decision to make.

The refs seemed so confused as to what was going on.

Leave it to a Flames game to have a weird goal and it needs to go to review.

seems to happen to the flames A LOT. That no goal against NJ just the other day comes to mind where the goalie came out to play it and we scored in the empty net. No goal. No call. No offside. Wtf? 

This is the first time since they acquired him that I’m seeing a confident and relaxed Huberdeau. Seeing a player just play and react and not think

the goal is one thing but what’s more impressive is how he broke up but previous zone exit by knocking down the puck. It’s those little details he’s been excellent at these last few games. That’s what tells me he isn’t thinking much out there anymore 

Well, we took over the game for a long stretch.

I think they got the scoring play wrong.  Wasn't Rooney that passed it.

He made the play but it went from Pelletier to Duehr to Weegar.

At least that's what I saw.

Sutter wouldn't have any idea who Pelletier is, since he's now #22.

18 minutes ago, cross16 said:

This is the first time since they acquired him that I’m seeing a confident and relaxed Huberdeau. Seeing a player just play and react and not think

the goal is one thing but what’s more impressive is how he broke up but previous zone exit by knocking down the puck. It’s those little details he’s been excellent at these last few games. That’s what tells me he isn’t thinking much out there anymore 

I think the game where Kadri suggested Huberdeau needs to shoot (passed instead of easy wrist to the open cage) was one of the last times I saw Huberdeau of old habits.  His confidence playing with Sharky and Kuz has increased no doubt.  The goal was a nice finish, but I want to see IQ match the play on the ice.  He's making less of the stupid passes.  He, as you say, is playing more from instinct than over-thinking it.