FLAMES @ Blackhawks - Sun 2 Jan 2022

rocketdoctor

2 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Yeah good call. I spent too long looking for #19.lol After 2 PPs, just had to say, "he's not playing". So I can focus on 1 thing tonight,

Love the EST games, bet you do too!. Only pushing 2am for you?

Yep midnight start for me and and holiday tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Just now, conundrumed said:

Yup. Smith injured again. Prolly hurt his feeling giving up, what, 10 in 2 games?

Smith always would limp off after a bad goal.

If he had a really bad game he would blame the D or feign an injury.

EDM fans wondered why the coach didn;t send him to the AHL for conditioning.

Umm, that's a decision the player has to make and it's completed by the GM

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

How did Backlund miss the open net?

He’s not engaged. He’s a “going through the motions” player, and because of that, he didn’t make sure he scored. He’s playing easy. Man… if we could pick up a player who was more engaged at such a critical position.

Him and Mony are dragging down the potential of this team (having 2 weak Centers). 

2 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

He’s not engaged. He’s a “going through the motions” player, and because of that, he didn’t make sure he scored. He’s playing easy. Man… if we could pick up a player who was more engaged at such a critical position. Him and Mony are dragging down the potential of this team. 

2 breakaways same game.

This is what Johnny went through.

Had him beat in the 2nd one, but didn't elevate.

2 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

He’s not engaged. He’s a “going through the motions” player, and because of that, he didn’t make sure he scored. He’s playing easy. 

He's fine I think. He found those seams for breakaways. I'm more aggravated by Tkachuk's vision. He throws pucks to no one. He just can't see he's throwing the puck away. Just eat the thing rather than blindly toss it to a turnover.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

2 breakaways same game.

This is what Johnny went through.

Had him beat in the 2nd one, but didn't elevate.

Because he thought it was a tap in and didn’t follow through. Once again, details are a slippin’

Just now, conundrumed said:

He's fine I think. He found those seams for breakaways. I'm more aggravated by Tkachuk's vision. He throws pucks to no one. He just can't see he's throwing the puck away. Just eat the thing rather than blindly toss it to a turnover.

oh, I see this too. If you recall, I was all for including Chucky in an Eichel trade. And I also hate the idea of him making more than the $7m he’s already making beyond this year. I’d trade him in the off-season.