FLAMES @ Kraken - Thurs 30 Dec 2021

travel_dude

Just now, medatswhoP said:

On a positive, very cool to see Wolf on the bench, he must be loving that, good for that kid.

I wasn't impressed with what BT said about him.

Said "he just gets in the way of pucks".

Sorry, but the kid has amazing mobility.

I know he was being complementary, but it didn't sound that way.

Hey guys!

had to play catch up with the PVR as usual. Now I’m watching live!

1. Thank you to TD for the game thread! Loved the Lucic comment to go upstairs and then he does! 

2. I expected rust, and there definitely is. What I didn’t expect was the intensity and rough stuff right away. This team is notorious for taking games and weeks to get going. I’m happy the effort is visible tonight despite the expected miscues. 

3. Had a trade idea I didn’t see mentioned before. NTCs are involved with both players but I could see a reason for both to be open to a move. Backlund for Gourde. 

F me. Gourde scores as I write this post 🤦🏻‍♂️

17 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Great backchecking Backlund

Backlund drives me nuts and I’m not talking about his penchant to shoot either wide or at the goalie’s chest… it’s his defensive details, they’re slipping. This was the one thing we could count on from him, and the thing many (including myself) used to defend him when his offense was non-existent. I’m done with the guy. He just came off an extended break and the choice to pull up on a few plays tonight that he could’ve helped prevent a goal is inexcusable. If Backlund isn’t playing sharp defensively, Backlund is no good for this team. If Seattle wants a pick with Backlund for Goirde, I’d give them a 3rd as well. Gourde is only 2 years younger (30) but signed 2 years longer. They make similar cap (Gourde 200k less about). I like Gourde’s moxie, and reuniting him to center Coleman might be a very good thing for this team. 

Then we just need to get Hertl for Mony and we’re set at C. 

6 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

Backlund drives me nuts and I’m not talking about his penchant to shoot either wide or at the goalie’s chest… it’s his defensive details, they’re slipping. This was the one thing we could count on from him, and the thing many (including myself) used to defend him when his offense was non-existent. I’m done with the guy. He just came off an extended break and the choice to pull up on a few plays tonight that he could’ve helped prevent a goal is inexcusable. If Backlund isn’t playing sharp defensively, Backlund is no good for this team. If Seattle wants a pick with Backlund for Goirde, I’d give them a 3rd as well. Gourde is only 2 years younger (30) but signed 2 years longer. They make similar cap (Gourde 200k less about). I like Gourde’s moxie, and reuniting him to center Coleman might be a very good thing for this team. 

Then we just need to get Hertl for Mony and we’re set at C. 

Im in for Mony in a trade also, when does he get healthy? I mean really I dont see much improvement since his first game back, too slow.  Backs is killing me too lately he needs to get benched maybe for a bit?