Next one Lookout - Shane Wright

jjgallow

So...it's time, I feel, to seriously discuss Wright, Bedard, and Michkov.     Things may change but these are the currently hyped "next ones" who could potentially change the game.   They are not the only impressive talents in these next two drafts but I feel there is a clear line.

Shane Wright:   The weakest of the three right now, but that's all relative.    Some have jokingly compared him to Lafreniere.    And yeah, I get it, he's not quite generational, he's just short of it.   But it depends on your measure.    I think a more Accurate comparison is a Better Nathan Mackinnon, with slightly better goal scoring ability.

The reason I bring up Mackinnon is that we're dealing with a RHS C, known to dominate in the post-season.

@Crzydrvr    So....a year ago, you had the following rough ranking:

Wright > Bedard > Savoie

What would you do with that ranking now?  I'm curious.

Here's mine:

Bedard > Michkov > Wright > Savoie

Where Wright   is equal to or greater than  Nathan Mackinnon or Jack Eichel  (haven't decided who he more closely resembles)

I am thinking at this time that Wright is in fact above Mackinnon and Eichel, but we have another year to watch and see on that.   I'm not about ready to call it.

And Bedard / Michkov, a level above that.   I don't think that they can be compared with anyone except the greats, at least at this relative age.