Next Prospect to Make the Jump?

I think Dube makes the team out of camp, and Kylington is the 1st recall for defense.

After those two I think it comes down to Gawdin and Phillips. I would give the edge to Gawdin just based on position and versatility, but it probably comes down to who starts the season stronger.

10 hours ago, JTech780 said:

I think Dube makes the team out of camp, and Kylington is the 1st recall for defense.

After those two I think it comes down to Gawdin and Phillips. I would give the edge to Gawdin just based on position and versatility, but it probably comes down to who starts the season stronger.

Phillips is another Mangiapane in the making.  He did quite well for his rookie season.

Being a small guy, he has a 50/50 chance of sticking after a callup.

He just has to figure out what he can and can't do in the big league.

I thought Gawdin would have a better season, but you just never know.

He scores a lot on the PP, so that might get him some looks if he gets a recall.

A darkhorse for me is Philp.  Took a different route to get to the AHL, but he may surprise.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Dube is a swiss army knife and skates like the wind him and Kyl on same line could make a good line front to back with speed and offensive threat. We don't have much room so they will have to show up in full force with a little anger.

Archived