all time points leaders

DirtyDeeds

Jagr and Selanne were darn good hockey players and look good mixed in with the Red and White top 20.  Jagr may be entrenched at #2 forever but Selanne is on a bit of a free fall.  Thornton will catch him this year, Crosby and McDavid will likely surpass him as well.  Canada rocks man!

Gets interesting though when you flip it to points per game. 6 Non Canadians with Kurri just outside at 21. Not alot of Europeans could play in the NHL during the "golden era" of scoring so I think that alters the list a fair bit. 

All Time points.PNG

I doubt anyone is surprised that Gretzky is so much higher than the others. I am struck by Jagr though. I did not realize that he obtained that many points. I wonder what his stats would have looked like had he not left the NHL for a time. 

I am a little surprised that Hawerchuk scored so often and in relatively fewer games than the others.

And did Marcel Dionne ever get the recognition that he deserved? The dude played with pylons in LA at a time when few people there were interested in ice hockey at all.

Wow, Lafleur is not even on the first list. 

Bossy rocked. Loved that guy. I really liked the Islanders back in the late 1970s/early 1980s. I always liked Denis Savard too. The spinarama made my Saturday nights when I was a kid.

16 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

I doubt anyone is surprised that Gretzky is so much higher than the others. I am struck by Jagr though. I did not realize that he obtained that many points. I wonder what his stats would have looked like had he not left the NHL for a time. 

I am a little surprised that Hawerchuk scored so often and in relatively fewer games than the others.

And did Marcel Dionne ever get the recognition that he deserved? The dude played with pylons in LA at a time when few people there were interested in ice hockey at all.

Wow, Lafleur is not even on the first list. 

Bossy rocked. Loved that guy. I really liked the Islanders back in the late 1970s/early 1980s. I always liked Denis Savard too. The spinarama made my Saturday nights when I was a kid.

If ever in Niagara Falls region, Marcel Dionne Inc is an absolute must. His daughter runs The Blueline Diner for breakfast/lunch which is fantastic. The tables are NHL teams, she tried to sit me at the Canucks table.❌?

Both her and her dad are personality-plus!

His sports emporium is 2nd to none.

When I met him he was doing dishes?

The guy is fantastic, especially if you’re with a kid(s).

He spins tales of the old days that are both fascinating and entertaining.

He is a card.

Sorry for off topic, but yeah...whenever in the region, I’m there!

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

If ever in Niagara Falls region, Marcel Dionne Inc is an absolute must. His daughter runs The Blueline Diner for breakfast/lunch which is fantastic. The tables are NHL teams, she tried to sit me at the Canucks table.❌?

Both her and her dad are personality-plus!

His sports emporium is 2nd to none.

When I met him he was doing dishes?

The guy is fantastic, especially if you’re with a kid(s).

He spins tales of the old days that are both fascinating and entertaining.

He is a card.

Sorry for off topic, but yeah...whenever in the region, I’m there!

He is number 6 on the list.. you are not off topic ....

On July 22, 2018 at 10:01 AM, 420since1974 said:

Interesting. I always assumed that Denis Savard invented the move. What always impressed me about it is how quickly he could do it. That must take considerable balance, coordination, and leg power to do properly. 

Archived