ECF Finals: Wash vs Tampa

ECF: Wash vs Tampa  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins, comment how many

• Washington
    • Tampa Bay

As a Brit we always root for the underdogs and although they have home ice advantage I see LV as the underdogs.  So I'll cheer for them but to be fair a part of me also wants Ovi to get a cup.   Hope it goes to 7.  

Just pleased the Bolts got taken out.   

11 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Anyone want to redo the 2010 draft with Kuznetsov at 26?

How about Vasilevsky at 19th in 12?

Both had spectacular draft years.

Ahh the oft-maligned Russians...

Imho, Kuznetsov is an elite player. He makes everyone play better.

Ovechkin just had to wait for him.

Kuz has become quite the player, not unexpected.

Flipping Russians, I love it.

In 2010 the pre-Jet Thrashers took a Russian @ #8. Remember Burmistrov? Seems the KHL fits better as he wasn't a good NHLer before nor after him going back to Russia after 3 years as a pro in NA. The 2nd attempt lasted 3 years spread between 3 teams. A waste of a high pick but Atlanta wasn't really hockey savy. They seemed to look @ mock drafts rather than scout.

Remember the 1st OA in 2012? Oilers would rather forget the Russian they drafted.

Back in the Jets 1.0 days 1 time manager Mike Smith loved Russians. No problem except he kept drafting the bad 1s.

I don't care where they were born but I like players with the drive to excel in the best hockey league in the world. Some can't take the harder going despite having great talent. That's why scouts err on the side of caution which causes many to be taken later than they should have. @ 1 time Detroit was able to exploit that to a degree that made other teams drafting look feeble.

Archived