EC Rd 2 - Boston vs. Tampa

conundrumed

Boston vs Tampa  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think, why in comments...

• Boston
    • Tampa Bay

I'm going TB in 7.

I remember antics by the "Big Bad Bruins" of the '70s that put anything my Broad Street Bullies to shame.

1 example is while a Bruin had an opposing player on the ice & was whaling on him another Bruin skated up & was about to stomp the guys neck. Fortunately the 1st Boston guy saw the intent & used his own shoulder to protect the guy helpless on the ice. You never saw anything like that from the Flyers.

TB I really have nothing against. Even the early Jets 2.0 when they played in the SE playing them often didn't matter as @ the time we were just happy to have the NHL back even if the players were still the Thrashers.

8 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

I'm going TB in 7.

I remember antics by the "Big Bad Bruins" of the '70s that put anything my Broad Street Bullies to shame.

1 example is while a Bruin had an opposing player on the ice & was whaling on him another Bruin skated up & was about to stomp the guys neck. Fortunately the 1st Boston guy saw the intent & used his own shoulder to protect the guy helpless on the ice. You never saw anything like that from the Flyers.

TB I really have nothing against. Even the early Jets 2.0 when they played in the SE playing them often didn't matter as @ the time we were just happy to have the NHL back even if the players were still the Thrashers.

Best gm in the league is bittersweet, but whatever.

Can't argue, get used to it.

Man, there's a lot of Boston fans, lol.

With that licking BS Marchand is starting to remind me of Avery. I know he's an agitator but he's a good player that doesn't need to sink to embarassing the league. :mad:

I didn't like him before but that is just disgusting. Callahan kept his cool but I imagine if he tried that on Buff or Lowry he wouldn't wake up until the next week. ;):lol:

2 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

With that licking BS Marchand is starting to remind me of Avery. I know he's an agitator but he's a good player that doesn't need to sink to embarassing the league. :mad:

I didn't like him before but that is just disgusting. Callahan kept his cool but I imagine if he tried that on Buff or Lowry he wouldn't wake up until the next week. ;):lol:

Remember when players, heck could be the next game vs an entirely different team, used to deal with this?

I miss those days. Hedman, just take the suspension. When he comes in, grab him, and deal with him. The league can review it and say, "Victor Hedman has no history of this behaviour, $50,000 fine and a warning". lol

You'd be every hockey fan's hero outside of Boston.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Remember when players, heck could be the next game vs an entirely different team, used to deal with this?

I miss those days. Hedman, just take the suspension. When he comes in, grab him, and deal with him. The league can review it and say, "Victor Hedman has no history of this behaviour, $50,000 fine and a warning". lol

You'd be every hockey fan's hero outside of Boston.

I was listening to interviews from both Jets & Preds coachs about the licking.

Coach Maurice said it gave him the willies & he'd want to take a shower while Lowry said he'd instintavely punch Marchand in the face.

Lavie refused to answer & I haven't seen Preds asked the ? .

As some players including Callahan have asked what is the line between spitting & licking. Spitting is already a foul.

-----------------------------

Since TB holds a 3-1 series lead I hope Marchand doesn't get the chance against a different team. Sounds like the NHL has told him & Bruins management that if he persists there will be reprecussions.

Remember we have the "Avery Rule" that was brought in mid-season so might soon see a :Marchand Rule".

I totally agree that a lily white player beating him to a pulp (like Hedman) would get off easy & be seen as a hero by fans & players every where but Beantown.

Perfect gif td, lol.

I thought Boston's grit could overcome Tbay's talent.

Was I wrong. TBay's depth just gave them another week off.

Love it.

But speaking of grit, did Miller ever turn the tables. On, of all people, Backes.

That McDonagh-Miller acquisition just keeps looking better and better.

Archived