2017 World Junior Hockey Championships - Flames Prospects

13 hours ago, cross16 said:

Impressed by Carter Hart. To come in cold to a game of this magnitude and play with so much poise and just slam the door is impressive. He really should have started after Ingram was so/so against the Czechs but still really impressive. 

Team Canada finally played a full game of committed and passionate hockey like they gave a damn. This is a very skilled team but so far they've lacked a lot of the determination and will you want to see from a Canadian team. They'll beat the US if they bring it again. 

The Dube-Cirelli-Stephens line has been so clutch for Canada. Even though Dube hasn't been on the scoresheet much I think he's having a great tournament. Playing his role perfectly. 

What was interesting to me was that both Hart & his counterpart @ the other end Sandstrom are Flyers prospects.

With all the D men & those 2 Hex has definitely been building from the back 1st.

:)

Tonight's game is for the big prize. Get us Gold Canada!

I'll be happy to see Team USA get Silver as they've earned it.

I don't much care for Sweden but like Russia less so hoping the Swedes get the Bronze.

39 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

is this on anyway?

thought it was a 8pm ET face off?

20 mins later I got nothing on my feed

It is. I forget where you are.

It starts 7 CT so right now just talking heads. Should be on in about 10 minutes.

Saw you above post. Enjoy the game.

Go Canada!

1 minute ago, Pyromancer said:

....and there we have it....USA are the 2017 World Junior Champions.

Way to go Parsons & Fox. Seriously hoping these two pan out & wear Flames colours in the future!

Parsons played really well in this game. Looked good in ot and shootout. Im happy with him and fox, the loss stings more in a shootout tho

Deciding a championship in the shootout is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. IIHF absolutely needs to change this, so disgraceful that a skills contest decides the game. Brutal. 

I didn't think Parsons was great on the game but once again raised his game when he needs too. I thought Dube was great too. Didn't score but he does almost everything so well and plays so hard. Flames have a gamer in Dube. 

Well on the bright side Canada could have a bunch of returning players next year

Dube

Raddysh

Jost

Dubois

McLeod

Bean

Clague

Fabbro

Hart

That is quite a few for Canada, the only I think that might be in the NHL is Dubois, the rest should be available.

12 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Well on the bright side Canada could have a bunch of returning players next year

Dube

Raddysh

Jost

Dubois

McLeod

Bean

Clague

Fabbro

Hart

That is quite a few for Canada, the only I think that might be in the NHL is Dubois, the rest should be available.

I personally wasent that impressed with raddysh or strome at 5 on 5, Dubois got better as the games went along. Jake bean was good offensively but he needs to get way better defensively, I hated his game in the d zone.

As mad as I am about the shootout the reality is it should not have gotten there. Canada went 1/6 on the PP and has the gift of a PP in OT and couldn't score. That is basically your game right there, it was there's for the taking and they couldn't which is always tough. 

I actually thought Dubois was Canada's worst player in the trounament when you consider the expectations and talent level. its a good thing Columbus is playing so well because between this tournament and his less than stellar start, that pick will start to get scrutinized. 

6 minutes ago, cross16 said:

As mad as I am about the shootout the reality is it should not have gotten there. Canada went 1/6 on the PP and has the gift of a PP in OT and couldn't score. That is basically your game right there, it was there's for the taking and they couldn't which is always tough. 

I actually thought Dubois was Canada's worst player in the trounament when you consider the expectations and talent level. its a good thing Columbus is playing so well because between this tournament and his less than stellar start, that pick will start to get scrutinized. 

I thought Dubois played well once he was moved to the Roy/Gauthier line. He started to show some real jump.

I thought Strome was the most disappointing player for Canada. 

Barzal showed his talent but much like Marner and Drouin before him, he over handled the puck and tried to make the fancy play instead of making the simple play.

Chabot looked like he belonged in the NHL, he was far and away Canada's best player.

I get the Strome argument but for me Dubois did nothing that you would expect a 3rd overal pick to do. He didn't drive offence and really didn't finished much either. At least Strome showed some ability to finish plays and finds guys on the PP. Outside of a few big hits and a copule decent rushes you didn't see much out of Dubois. For someone who was the 3rd overal pick, you expect him to play like more than a 3rd liner and I thikn that's all he was in this trounament. He worked hard, but I guess I expected alot more but that being said i'm not the biggest Dubois fan either. Think he is overrated to begin with. 

Hard to take becuase I really like this version of Team Canada. They had alot of skill and alot of players that are really fun to watch and it bodes well for next year with a good chunk of the team being able to come back. 

16 hours ago, cross16 said:

Deciding a championship in the shootout is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. IIHF absolutely needs to change this, so disgraceful that a skills contest decides the game. Brutal. 

I didn't think Parsons was great on the game but once again raised his game when he needs too. I thought Dube was great too. Didn't score but he does almost everything so well and plays so hard. Flames have a gamer in Dube. 

That has bothered me since the 1984 Olympics when Peter Forsberg got the Gold for Sweden. I almost put a bottle through my tv that day. 

Archived