Flames Sign Jakub Nakladal

Wreckening

My first thought is wondering if Smid is ever going to return.... then where he fits.

Defensive defenceman.

RH Shot

Decent size.

Is good around net.

Hard shot.

Good on penalty kill.

Memory says I have never seen him play but it sounds like he is a good candidate for competition for third pairing.

I hear that he has next to no offense but is solid in his own end.

Sounds like a Regehr type to me.  Sign him up. :)

I think that his play could actually result in some scoring due to his passing and hard shot (PP).  Regardless, we need a guy that can shut down players, clear the crease, and hammer a few guys cycling the puck.  That is our biggest need.

How does it make you feel if we signed him?

I wouldn't be opposed to signing him. Sounds like a real good stay at home D man. Something we don't have and need. It speaks volumes for the Flames organization that we are in the mix.

I hear that he has next to no offense but is solid in his own end.

He had 5 points in 10 games at the IIHF tournament from what I've read. Even if he isn't a point producer I would still take a chance on him.

^^^

As I said in a different thread I don't know much about him. I guess that will change in the upcoming season.

He's got decent size & if a defensive D like DD mentioned certainly something we need.

Anyone hear anything about term/$s yet?

Thanks.

1 year 2 way means "show me", EL means bonus dependant.

Sounds like Treliving covered the bases on this.

I think it would be similar to Wolf; after the year he becomes an RFA.

Even if he ends up being no better than Smid, he is a whole lot cheaper than Smid. We covered some bases with this one; mid-twenties D-man, RHS, Solid, stay-at-home, waiver exempt....

I don't think the Flames or the player had much in the way of choice re the contract.  I think it had to be a 1 year ELC due to the players age and this being his first NHL contract.  All ELC are 2-way.  I could be wrong though.  

@ 27 it surprises me that undrafted players are still treated as EL. Drafted players can be UFA @ his age with no limitations.

Archived