Can we make the Playoffs this year?

Basti

Torn on what I want the Jets to do tonight.  If we both lose tonight, Saturday's matchup will be one for the ages as a winner takes all scenario would be possible.  On the other hand, if the Jets win tonight they will clinch, so they might rest some of their better players and take it easy on us.  Or we could win tonight and the whole thing would be moot!

I prefer the bolded. :)

An outright win over the Kings sews up a spot for both the Flames & Jets regardless what happens in Denver.

That way I have 2 dogs in the western playoffs.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here I thought Edm. was going to do us a favor and beat the Kings. Them Bachman (Oilers Goalie) lets in a clear shot from the Red Line. Unreal.... But Way to go Flames  a sloppy win but 2 points on the sheet.

Wasn't that sloppy. I expected a much easier win, but give the Coyotes credit, they played hard.

Steinburg and others keep saying if Calgary gets in we are playing Vancouver.  That seems like the most likely scenario.  But if we get a single point in the next two games, and Winnipeg loses out we end up in 8th.  At least by my math.  Am I missing something?

Steinburg and others keep saying if Calgary gets in we are playing Vancouver.  That seems like the most likely scenario.  But if we get a single point in the next two games, and Winnipeg loses out we end up in 8th.  At least by my math.  Am I missing something?

If we won 2 single points, WPG has to have a win. LA could end up with 2 wins (97 pts), WPG get at least 2 pts (98). LA is out, WPG gets a WC spot.

Yes. Yes we can. lol

If someone had told any of us at the beginning of the year that we'd make the playoffs by defeating the Stanley Cup Champion Kings by a 3-2 score in the second last game of the year, would ANY of us have believed that?

What a season, regardless of how it ends now.

I guess the question now is "How far can we go in the Playoffs this year?"

How great is this!!!

Next step beat Winnipeg on Saturday and have Vancouver lose in regulation and we will get home ice in the first round!

Earlier today while listening to NHL radio, Josh Brewster said that LA was going to crush Calgary tonight, and that he wouldn't want to be Calgary. I suggest he sticks to talking about Anaheim.

Saturday I'm pretty sure both teams are just going to relax and have some fun. Why not, we're both going to have tough series to play, no need to wear each other out.

Now we just need Ottawa to make the playoffs for a great season for Canada.

Calgary can still get home ice , they better not take easy and relax.

Archived