Can we make the Playoffs this year?

Basti

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patrick Kane is out for 2 months.  Maybe Chicago will slide back into the pack...

They might. Theyve been losing ground for the past week or so to both WPG and MIN. Though I don't see any way they don't make the playoffs.

I'm mostly hoping the Jets drop off with the Sharks. That's all we need.

It's in Calgary's own hands.

All they have to do is win 3 out of every 5 games for the balance of the season.

I truly hope that they do, but won't be crushed if they miss the play-offs.

The Flames have surpassed my expectations this season.

Definitely a successful season either way, but it would still hurt to be the team that falls just short.

They might. Theyve been losing ground for the past week or so to both WPG and MIN. Though I don't see any way they don't make the playoffs.

I'm mostly hoping the Jets drop off with the Sharks. That's all we need.

Definitely a successful season either way, but it would still hurt to be the team that falls just short.

Our destiney is in our own hands. We just need to win 3 of 5 games here on to end of the reg season.

We are not at the stage of where we need to hope other teams go on a losing streak........ yet 

Our destiney is in our own hands. We just need to win 3 of 5 games here on to end of the reg season.

We are not at the stage of where we need to hope other teams go on a losing streak........ yet 

There are enough games each team has against teams not in this race that theoretically every team could win 3/5 though. Someone needs to do worse than that. Hence my comment.

Just missing the play-offs would really suck, always one of my hockey nightmares.

I was expecting the Flames to be picking in the 6th - 11th range but they've improved faster than I thought probable.

I am happy with the team's progress and foresee good things for the future.

The progress is definitely awesome. Even more so when you consider that a lot of guys that have a solid shot at the roster next year (Baerschi if he keeps up his current pace, Poirier, Granlund, Ferlund, Bennett, Ortio) have all played a quarter season or less at this point. And Monahan, Gardeau, Jooris, and aparently Bouma are all improving too.

After our three game loss it's unlikely we can catch Vancouver now. I really doubt LA falls out at this point. So I agree, we are probably fighting Minnesota and Winnipeg for the final two wild cards.

It's looking tough. But if we can string another winner two together things will look much more optimistic.

WOHOO! Buffalo 5-3 over Van. They Lose their game in hand.

Everything else still up in the air (tied or unstarted)

First, let me join you in your Woohooing.  Just not in a The Sims type way.  Second, Minnesota is 1 up on Nashville. 

And now, St Louis up a goal on Winnipeg.  

Archived