O O T Scoreboard : 2014-2015 Season - Make Your Picks

DL44

OPENING NIGHT.
4 games

Who ya got?

Habs @ Leafs - Leafs losing makes the internet fun

Flyers @ Bruins - I don't like how the Flyers are constructed. Have a feeling they'll be in tough this yr if Giroux is anything but elite.

Canucks @ Flames - Well.. you know.

Sharks @ Kings - I'm expecting a drama filled, distracting year for the Sharks.. I think they went everything wrong this off-season. They created a goaltending controversy, a leadership controversy, actively alienating their vets but not including them at media events... Completely self inflicted gong show. And now McLennan and Wilson gotta pray the vets are still on board after all this.. good luck.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree on Habs over Leafs

I figure the Flyers lose to the Bruins tonight but win their home opener against NJ tomorrow

Canucks lose tonight to set the course for most of the season

King raise the SC banner. Too much adrenaline for them to lose. (The players SJ POed will try to prove management was wrong & bring their A game to either get the heck out of town or put management to shame. Come out 2nd best in LA though.)

Rough night for FF52 'the fan' i see... 0-3

Tonight's games of who I got...

(Do the other 1 or 2 people who participate in this in the future want to make a daily friendly competition outta of it and pick who we THINK will win instead of who we WANT to to win?? maybe only for the days with 8 or more games??) Anyways.. think about it..

Jackets @ Sabres : Going for the Jackets this yr to make the playoffs...

Habs @ Caps : I'll lean Caps, Habs super emotional win last night, on the road, backup, Caps home opener, new coach, lots to prove... So watch it all go horribly wrong despite the way its supposed to go.

Devils @ Flyers : I don't like how the Flyers are constructed. Have a feeling they'll be in tough this yr if Giroux is anything but elite.

Ducks @ Pens : May this be the start of the Kalifornia Kesler Kurse.

Bruins @ Wings : Home opener vs a team on the 2nd of a b2b. Altho it shouldn't be an issue at this stage of the season... who knows.

Panthers @ Lightning : Watching for Luongo's trek to 400 wins this season... Starts TONIGHT.

Rangers @ Blues : Going for the Rangers... And now i'm picking too many road teams. Bet Blues. Cheer Rangers.

Sens @ Preds : Maybe the Sens finish last in the Atlantic. Could you imagine? I don't think I'd be shocked if they did.

Hawks @ Stars : Just to slap the Stars hype train out the gates a little here.

Jets @ Yotes : Going for the Yotes cuz the Jets are one of FF52's favorite 52 teams.

Flames @ Oilers : This should be an entertaining game. If the Oilers win, they will be a lot less desperate on Saturday. If the Flames win.. Oiler nation will be in sheer panic mode when they lose on Saturday to start 0-2... Whereas at least if Flames fan start 0-2, they'll still be 2-0 morally with 30th in their sights.

I'll go again. :)

BJs over Sabres

Caps over Habs

As I said yesterday the Flyers win their home opener vs Debbies

Ducks over Pengies

Bruins over Wings

Lightning over Panthers

Blues over Rags

Preds over Sens

Hawks over Stars

Jets over Coyotes (Jets version 1)

Flames over Oilers (taking advantage of the weak centers while getting Draisaitl used to losing)

FF52 and Wrecking were 2-2 opening night.. Tied for Last place behind DL44's 3-1 mark.

Last night was a crazy 1-on-1 battle between FF52 and DL44...

FF52 comes in last place for the second night in a row going 6/11. Absolutely Slaughtered by DL44 on the night by one : 7/11

Next competition should be for Saturday night's games... 15 games, every team in action...
Let's get more people making picks, or else FF52 is gonna stop playing if he keeps coming in last. Where are the mods?

Friday
1 game (Isles vs Canes)

Saturday's Schedule 15 games...

Canes @ Isles - I was gonna wait and just pick the opposite of whoever wins tonight's game.. but screw it. I'm impatient
Caps @ Bruins
Pens @ Leafs - Crosby looks in amazing form..
Habs @ Flyers - I'm picking the Flyers.. but how cool would a 3-0 Habs/0-3 Flyers story be..
Sens @ Lightning
Ducks @ Wings
Devils @ Panthers - Schneider vs Luongo
Rangers @ Jackets
Flames @ Blues
Stars @ Preds
Sabres @ Hawks
Wild @ Avs - Maybe there is something to the preseason. 81 + 82 + 82 more regular season gms with Iginla.
Kings @ Yotes
Jets @ Sharks
Oilers @ Canucks

FF52 and Wrecking were 2-2 opening night.. Tied for Last place behind DL44's 3-1 mark.

Last night was a crazy 1-on-1 battle between FF52 and DL44...

FF52 comes in last place for the second night in a row going 6/11. Absolutely Slaughtered by DL44 on the night by one : 7/11

Next competition should be for Saturday night's games... 15 games, every team in action...

Let's get more people making picks, or else FF52 is gonna stop playing if he keeps coming in last. Where are the mods?

Friday

1 game (Isles vs Canes)

Saturday's Schedule 15 games...

Canes @ Isles - I was gonna wait and just pick the opposite of whoever wins tonight's game.. but screw it. I'm impatient

Caps @ Bruins

Pens @ Leafs - Crosby looks in amazing form..

Habs @ Flyers - I'm picking the Flyers.. but how cool would a 3-0 Habs/0-3 Flyers story be..

Sens @ Lightning

Ducks @ Wings

Devils @ Panthers - Schneider vs Luongo

Rangers @ Jackets

Flames @ Blues

Stars @ Preds

Sabres @ Hawks

Wild @ Avs - Maybe there is something to the preseason. 81 + 82 + 82 more regular season gms with Iginla.

Kings @ Yotes

Jets @ Sharks

Oilers @ Canucks

I'm not usually much for predictions, but what the hell.....

Canes @ Isles

Caps @ Bruins

Pens @ Leafs

Habs @ Flyers

Sens @ Lightning

Ducks @ Wings

Devils @ Panthers

Rangers @ Jackets

Flames @ Blues

Stars @ Preds

Sabres @ Hawks

Wild @ Avs

Kings @ Yotes

Jets @ Sharks

Oilers @ Canucks - this one pains me the most; whoever I pick makes me feel dirty

Canes @ Isles

Caps @ Bruins

Pens @ Leafs

Habs @ Flyers

Sens @ Lightning

Ducks @ Wings

Devils @ Panthers

Rangers @ Jackets

Flames @ Blues

Stars @ Preds

Sabres @ Hawks

Wild @ Avs

Kings @ Yotes

Jets @ Sharks

Oilers @ Canucks - this one pains me the most; whoever I pick makes me feel dirty

Remember.. take your emotions out of it... its about winning the $!

You let emotion take over your picks, then you 52, last place, broke, lose house. ;)

I'm built to withstand almost anything.

Unlike the Orca I don't lie on the ice crying. I get back up, brush off the snow & go at it again. :)

Isles over Canes

Bruins over Caps

Leafs over Pens

Flyers over Habs

Lightning over Sens

Ducks over Wings

Panthers over Debbies

BJs over Rags

Blues over Flames (hate to call it but figure we lose Sat.)

Stars over Preds

Hawks over Sabres

Wild over Avs

Kings over Desert Dogs

Sharks over Jets

Oilers over Orca (but both teams lose as a Sendin & 1 of the Oiler 6 million $ boys are injured)

I fumbled with this one, too, but every SportSelect needs a longshot winner, right? ^_^

True enough. & I really want you to be right (I'll be rooting for the Flames regardless of the prediction). :)

I just figure after losing to the Rags yesterday the Blues will be snarly.

Canes @ Isles - wrong

Caps @ Bruins - wrong

Pens @ Leafs - right

Habs @ Flyers - right

Sens @ Lightning - right

Ducks @ Wings - right

Devils @ Panthers - right

Rangers @ Jackets - right

Flames @ Blues - wrong

Stars @ Preds - right

Sabres @ Hawks - wrong

Wild @ Avs - wrong

Kings @ Yotes - wrong

Jets @ Sharks - right

Oilers @ Canucks - wrong

8 right, 7 wrong.  Still puts me over .500, but only marginally.

Looks like I took it with a 9-6 record for Saturday's slate of games...

The difference... The Canucks winning swung the Oct 11th World Championship to me! How fitting eh..

Congrats to FF52 for tonight's win tho... His first of the season!

9 game Tuesday night coming up that should be fun to pick and follow...

9 games tonight...

Who's got picks?

Islanders @ Rangers - Rangers have been shaky, and the Isles are rolling.. might be the tonic they need

Ducks @ Flyers - I don't like how the Flyers are constructed. Have a feeling they'll be in tough this yr if Giroux is anything but elite.

Sharks @ Caps - This is tough.. Sharks are steamrolling.

Stars @ Jackets - Stars are struggling... haven't looked into exactly why... If its the D - they continue to struggle, if its the O, they could turn around tonight.

Sabres @ Canes - Sabres respond to playing like peewees

Avs @ Leafs - Cuz it would be funny.  2 Corsi-weak teams... someone has to get shots this game.

Devils @ Lightning - Devils have offense!

Flames @ Preds - Well... you know...

Oilers @ Kings - Don't know what i'm thinking on this one.  They have to win eventually right?  Kings are a 1 line team right now... as expected this early on... carried by the youngens.  Maybe their legs get tested a bit here.

Man what a tough night to pick em... I will be lucky to get 3 right... I'm taking some risks. Like the Oilers? What? I don't know.

Islanders over Rangers (Isles may have figured it out this year)

Ducks over Flyers (sorry FF)

Sharks over Caps

Stars over BJ's (normally I would say you can't beat a BJ)

Sabres over Carolina (I would say who cares - MacDavid does)

Avs over Leafs

Lightning over Devils (Stamkos is a killer)

Flames over Preds (Jiri is back, McGrattan is out)

Kings over Oilers (not in the same league are they?)

Rough start pour moi..

1-2-1 early...

FF52.. 1-2-1...

t_d...3-0-1 early.. good start..

Edit.. Wow.. Brutal night.. Risks not paying off.. 1-5 so far... . Monkeys would of selected better... 2 OT gms away from looking respectable at 3-3... But there's coating this night heh...

Don't worry. The Orca will draft in the top 5.

but 43 games ago we were a top 10 team!

We will be one again immediately. You guys will have to wait a bit longer to celebrate a Vancouver demise.

But good win for he flames tonight.

The oil are down 3-zip and I suppose hey could come back... But assuming they don't... My picks tonight: 2/9

Ff52: 6/9

T-d: 7/9 winner winner chicken dinner!

5-0 for the Kinks in the 2nd.  Love reading ON to see the fans going berserk.  While fans of NHL teams don't deserve to have a team play like this, some of their fans are just so blind to reality.  A good beat down helps them come to terms with reality. 

I just hope they decide to give someone else a crack at top 3 pick this year. 

Archived