2013 N H L Awards

DL44

2013 NHL Awards

trophies.jpg

NHL Awards to be presented during Stanley Cup Final  <--- Don't think I like this idea.  I liked the hokey awards show... classic NHL.

Here is the list of Hardware to be given out this year...(let me know if i missed any)

Some have been decided... 

For others, the finalists have been announced (Not nominees... Finalists).. 

And then the 4 playoff trophies as well.

President's Trophy - Chicago Blackhawks

Jennings Trophy - Crawford, Emery

Art Ross Trophy - Martin St. Louis

Rocket Richard Trophy - Alexander Ovechkin

NHL Plus Minus Award - Pascal Dupius

Roger Crozier Saving Grave Award - Craig Anderson (I think)

Stanley Cup -

Clarence Campbell Bowl -

Prince of Wales Trophy - 

Conn Smythe - 

Hart Trophy - (Crosby, Ovechkin, Tavares)

Lady Byng  Trophy - (MSL, Kane, Moulson)

Ted Lindsey Trophy - (Crosby, MSL, Ovechkin)

Vezina Trophy - (Lundqvist, Bobrovsky, Niemi)

Norris Trophy - (Letang, Subban, Suter)

Calder Trophy - (Gallagher, Huberdeau, Saad)

Selke Trophy - (Bergeron, Datsyuk, Toews)

Jack Adams Trophy - (Boudreau, MacLean, Q)

GM of the Year Trophy - (Bergevin, Murray, Shero)

Bill Masterton Trophy - (Crosby, Harding, McQuaid)

Mark Messier Leadership Award - (Alfredsson, Brown, Toews)

King Clancy Trophy -

NHL Foundation Player Award

Discuss.

Underlined is what i would like to see....

Hart Trophy - (Crosby, Ovechkin, Tavares)(if going by "MVP to his team"; otherwise Crosby using the NHL's convoluted judging)

Lady Byng  Trophy - (MSL, Kane, Moulson)

Norris Trophy - (Letang, Subban, Suter)(if going by NHL's judging style; otherwise Suter for "best at both ends")

Selke Trophy - (Bergeron, Datsyuk, Toews)

Jack Adams Trophy - (Boudreau, MacLean, Q)

GM of the Year Award - (Bergevin, Murray, Shero)

Bill Masterton Trophy - (Crosby, Harding, McQuaid)

Mark Messier Leadership Award - (Alfredsson, Brown, Toews)

• 2 weeks later...

PK wins Norris!

Heh heh... LOVE It! Just seems like a huge troll by the voters vs his Canadien teammates and the anti-Subban crowd (which is huge).

I was sick with the possibility that Letang was a finalist with a chance to win... he was such a gong show in his own zone last yr.  I mean great bounce back year.. .but come on... greats that win the Norris shouldn't even be capable of playing atrociously bad for whole playoff series at a  time.

Subban winning I like... Suter winning i would of liked more.  Just turned out to be a such a horse of difference maker back there for Minny.

MacLean wins the Adams!

Toews wins the Selke! (Close close vote! look below : 0.79% difference in pts)

Shero wins the GM oty!

MSL wins the Byng!

Bergeron wins the Clancy!

Harding wins the Masterton!

Alfredsson wins the Messier! (sounds weird still)

Zetterberg wins the NHL foundation award!

The only award remaining that I'm actually cheering for is Bob for the Vezina... pins and needles...

I guess the rest of the awards will go tomorrow evening...

Remaining awards for tomorrow:

Hart Trophy - (Crosby, Ovechkin, Tavares)
Norris Trophy - (Letang, Subban, Suter)

Voting totals ...

781363965.png?1371244261
781364850.png?1371244648
781365641.png?1371245009
781366249.png?1371245273

CHICAGO --

Ovechkin capturing the Hart Trophy on Saturday.

The Washington Capitals right-winger narrowly edged the Pittsburgh Penguins centre for the third Hart Trophy of his eight-year career.

P.K. Subban of the Montreal Canadiens has won the Norris Trophy as the NHL's best defenceman.

Subban led defencemen with 38 points on 11 goals and 27 assists despite playing in 42-of-48 games because of a contract dispute.

The 24-year-old's presence in the Canadiens' lineup helped them make it back to the playoffs after a one-year absence.

His winning the award was not a well-kept secret, as it was reported last week well ahead of Saturday night's awards show.

Columbus's Sergei Bobrovsky won the Vezina Trophy given to the NHL's top goaltender. Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby earned the Ted Lindsay Award as the league's most outstanding player as voted by his peers, while Florida's Jonathan Huberdeau took the Calder Trophy as the top rookie.

Bobrovsky had four shutouts and a breakout season as he almost led the Blue Jackets to just their second Stanley Cup playoffs berth in franchise history.

Bobrovsky went 37-21-11 with a 2.00 goals-against average and .932 save percentage. His save percentage was second in the league behind only the Ottawa Senators' Craig Anderson, who played only 24 games because of injury.

It didn't take long for the 24-year-old Bobrovsky to supplant Steve Mason as the Blue Jackets' starting goaltender following a trade last summer from the Philadelphia Flyers.

Now Bobrovsky is a restricted free agent and is reportedly negotiating with SKA St. Petersburg as well as Columbus.

Bobrovsky beat out Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers and Antti Niemi of the San Jose Sharks for his first Vezina.

It's not the MVP, but Crosby nevertheless got recognition for a season in which he had 15 goals and 41 assists.

The Penguins captain played just 36 games after suffering a broken jaw, though he was far and away the scoring leader at the time of the injury.

Crosby was the catalyst as the Penguins used a 15-game winning streak to clinch the top spot in the Eastern Conference amid injuries to Evgeni Malkin, James Neal and Kris Letang.

It's Crosby's second Ted Lindsay award of his career. He last won MVP honours as chosen by players in 2006-07.

Huberdeau won the Calder Trophy after the 20-year-old tied for the rookie lead in scoring with 31 points for the Panthers.

The No. 3 pick in the 2011 draft was one of a few bright spots this season for the Panthers, who finished last overall.

Huberdeau showed glimpses of being a future star after being more than a point-a-game player for the Saint John Sea Dogs of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425591

Feel real good for Ovechkin bouncing back after everyone believing he was done as a top goal scorer.. what was it 23/24 goals over his last 24/23 games.... that is a sick rate!

3 Harts in his short career already...

(I was never a fan of his... till i starting reading the ridiculous internet jabbering on him after his drop off a couple yrs ago... where he was the pt of blame for everything wrong with the caps... which generally included a complete dismissal of the kid's sheer talent) anyways...

Good for him!

Love the Calder winner going to a Panther... hopefully it spurs the fanbase a bit...

Love Bobrovsky winning the Vezina after being dispatched by Philly... and then to see Philly flounder since while Bob flourishes... awesome to see... and an awesome 'feel good for him' story.

Crosby - best player in the league... good to see him take the Lindsey. Deserved.  The fact that Pittsburgh didn't step back without him after his jaw exploded hurt his chances of him picking up a 2nd Hart... but he is by far the most outstanding player in the league.

This year's proof some reporters are agenda oriented:

Stephan - 1st place Selke vote

Scuderi - 1st place Lady Byng

At least 11 voters who didn't have either Toews or Bergeron in their top 4 in Selke votes

Archived