Martin St Louis

Flamesfn

Posted · Hidden by CastleMania, April 28, 2013 - spam
Hidden by CastleMania, April 28, 2013 - spam

Parts Catalogs Repair & Service Manuals Truck Diagnostic Tools. Most relevant source of parts catalogs (epc), repair manuals and diagnostic tools. manual fiat om pimespo Download or express delivery. After sales support. Call: +1 (786) 352-87-87, Skype: epc.sales'

Funny enough he wasn't even good enough to be on the radar for 27 other teams in the NHL but yup it's the Flames that don't know how to judge hockey players....

Honstly I'm so sick and tired of hearing about this. Only 3, yes that's right 3, NHL teams gave St Louis the light of day and Ottawa brought him in for a free agent trying and didn't even sign him they didn't even think he was good enough to play in the NHL yet the Flames did and they are the stupid ones. Stupidest agument that continues to float around message boards....

Heinrik Zetterberg was passed over 209 times in the 1999 draft.  6 rounds, and went 29'th in the 7'th round.  Sometimes the gems are easy to miss, they take longer to develop into they player they are to become.  The St. Louis thing has happened before and will happen again.

This does get tiring, almost every team has a case of giving up on someone they shouldn't have.  Just remember that we wound up with our all time leading scorer because Bob Gainey was unwilling to part with Todd Harvey, and got our all time winningest goalie because Doug Wilson considered Nabokov and Toskala better.  Add in guys like Fleury, Suter, and Giordano I'd say the Flames have been just as good at getting guys undervalued by the league

Posted · Hidden by The_People1, April 28, 2013 - spam
Hidden by The_People1, April 28, 2013 - spam

web сервис МегаВкусно - это удобный заказ различной еды на дом или в офис. пицца и горячие блюда от известных ресторанов. круглосуточная доставка суши Мурманск по оптимальной цене. кафе

Nothing, which is why it's in the NHL TALK forum rather than the FLAMES TALK forum ;)

I think Castle(Mod) moved it here from the Flames Forums.

Congratulations to Martin St Louis for winning the scoring title at 37.

Unfortunately he wasn't good enough to play for Calgary. LOL

Yes Mrs St Louis we know he is a good player, and no need to remind us. He is far from being the only late bloomer to be passed around teams before finding a good fit on a different team.

Calgary gave him a chance when others didn't. He started on the 1st line & worked his way down. Even the BJs & Wild didn't want him in the Expansion Draft.

Fast forward some years & he's a star player but there is no reason to bring up ancient history. @ the time none of the NHL teams wanted him so he wasn't a Flames mistake per se.

Trolls like to make things look like huge mismanagement by the Flames. Even the RoR OS keeps getting mentioned whan Feaster was only 1 of those that misunderstood a seldom/never used rule including Colorado.

I think Castle(Mod) moved it here from the Flames Forums.

Yes Mrs St Louis we know he is a good player, and no need to remind us. He is far from being the only late bloomer to be passed around teams before finding a good fit on a different team.

haha too funny, I read that thinking it was a post from a regular peasant, didn't even notice that CastleMania was a moderator.  I need to spend more time down here in enemy territory I gues lmao!  My apologies CM, and good call on the move ;)

haha too funny, I read that thinking it was a post from a regular peasant, didn't even notice that CastleMania was a moderator.  I need to spend more time down here in enemy territory I gues lmao!  My apologies CM, and good call on the move ;)

Any other time of the year I would have banned you immediately upon reading you're "misstep," but seeing as it's that wonderful time of the year when all of Alberta can relax and be friendly, I'll let it slide. GO ABC!

Posted · Hidden by The_People1, April 29, 2013 - spam
Hidden by The_People1, April 29, 2013 - spam

Салют, друг!

Широкий ассортимент, быстрая доставка, отменное качество!

Обращайтесь!

Yes, every other team passed him over.   But only one team got to see him in their system first-hand, and still let him go.   Anybody who watched him play here saw the talent, and most were surprised we let him go.   

We can't hold onto things in the past forever.   Unless, of course, that past is the current NHL scoring leader.

I'll forget it when St. Louis retires.   With Gaudreau coming through the pipes, we can't afford to forget this lesson right now.   It's more relevant than ever, and a good organization recognizes and learns from it's mistakes.   I think the Flames will do much better with Gaudreau.  Who knows, maybe Gaudreau will be a 37-year-old NHL scoring leader one day, and maybe he'll be wearing a Flames jersey when he does it.

Congratulations to St. Louis....incredible.

Archived