Erat To Caps For Filip Forsberg!

tachaudh

WOW, what an incredible trade for Nashville.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=663924&navid=nhl:topheads

Which makes me wonder, if Forsberg was the price for Erat, could we not have packaged Cammalleri to the Caps? I mean holy crap. Iginla for Forsberg straight up without a first would have been a great deal.

I get it - the deal wasn't there in that situation, but I'm just saying that the acquisition of Forsberg for Erat? David Poile - genius. Learn a thing or two, Jay.

This is a great trade for Nashville.  Erat just wasn't getting it done anymore and to be able to swap him for a promising young player like Forsberg is incredible.  Filip is not ever going to be like Petr Forsberg but good enough to be a projected top 6 on any team.  The Flames certainly could've used a young guy like him who is 1 or 2 years away from being NHL ready.

You do realize that the reason Iginla didnt fetch top top dollar was because the number of teams in the bidding was low right?

Hey, what part of - "I get it - the deal wasn't there in that situation" did you not understand? You clearly didn't comprehend my logic, which is funny since the word is in your name.

What I was saying was that if Iginla was traded for Filip Forsberg straight up in some imaginary world, THAT would be considered a pretty good deal in my books. For Erat? It's beyond a STEAL for Nashville. I'm shocked that a player such as Forsberg was even available and I think Feaster should have been in on that.  

Anyway, the I actually don't mind what we got for Iginla. I look forward to seeing Agostino and Hawnowski. But the Bouwmeester deal was bungled. The first is great, but the prospects? Compared to that you have to be impressed with what David Poile pulled off.

Archived