Fire Feaster!

Timhunter54

I dont trust feaster one bit he is a joke and he needs to go before the draft he is a laywer by trade and he is full of navajo fry bread !!!! He is not hockey guy,he keeps getting goalies we have enough of them.The rest of the nhl  and fans think he is a joke and im sick of him,why didnt he just get one good prospect and a first for iggy,jbo deal it makes no sense to get garbage in return.

I don't know what "he is a lawyer by trade" has to do with anything. Well, I guess it suggests he has an education?

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also don't understanding this "we have enough goalies" argument. We don't have a single NHL starter beyond this year and one guy that has played signficant NHL games. How exactly is Feaster going overboard on goalies?

We have, under contract, capable of MAYBE (low probability) playing in the NHL next season: Berra, Taylor

Kipper is retired and MacD is unsigned. So maybe we get MacD signed, so now we have three guys and only one has played more than 3 NHL games.

If anything, we have a SHORTAGE of goalies.

Nice how Jason Pomminville gets you two A prospects including a goaltender (which we need). Pomminville and Bouwmeester are comparable, and i'd even put BOuwmeester ahead because he's a defenceman and they're harder to find. Then again, why can the other GMs get the real prospects and we get the unknown guys from europe or the guys that nobody has ever heard about?

I mean, even a guy like Ben Bishop, who hasn't proven anything in the league and has played what... 20 or so solid games? Well, Murray gets you the top rookie of this year in exchange. Are you telling me we couldn't even get a prospect for Bouwmeester? Remember, he's a number one defenceman. Proven. I believe if we wanted to 're-tool', this was EXACTLY the kind of the deal we should have made. Get some NHL players out there. Don't just go for the guys who may not ever play. It's disappointing. It's simply dumping.

The last 2 years all I read was how Bouwmeester wasn't worth his contract, that his 6.7 mil price tag was handcuffing us. There was even talk of an amnesty buyout on him.

I like how all of a sudden... he is the #1 D in the league, should have a Norris handed to him and we should have gotten 2 firsts and the top 3 prospects for him. lol

Have it your way, Bouwmeester is a top pairing defenceman. We were hard on him because on salary, but clearly, he has proven he was stuck into Brent's system which killed his offensive creativity. Now he's been just like his Florida days under Hartley, which is play 27+ whenever you want, get the 15 goals and 40 points, and simply refuses to miss a game. There is no question, even with flames fans shouting at his salary, that he is a top-pairing defenceman and we'll have an hard time replacing him.

I'm not disagreeing with you on that Louis, all I am saying is we got what we could for him. I don't know but I think first round picks were a must for him and Iggy. I haven't seen any other firsts handed out this year. 

I could be wrong but ...

There were some reports a 1st was included in the Pominville trade. But so far just the players showing up.  But ya, 1-round picks were REALLY hard to come by this season due to the depth of the draft.  

I'm pretty excited about the way this turned out. We shed a ton of cap, bringing back 2 first rounders and a fifth (throw in for Comeau) and who knows what can happen before draft day and into free agency?

Compared to the last few years praying for a miracle, I am excited to see some young guys trying for spots.

I know the next year or few years will be tough to take, but I am finally excited for our future again.

I'm pretty excited about the way this turned out. We shed a ton of cap, bringing back 2 first rounders and a fifth (throw in for Comeau) and who knows what can happen before draft day and into free agency?

Compared to the last few years praying for a miracle, I am excited to see some young guys trying for spots.

I know the next year or few years will be tough to take, but I am finally excited for our future again.

As Feaster said, he failed to have 'intellectual honesty' in the previous two seasons  As such we were in a position where we had to trade our best players for very little or lost them for nothing.  I feel that a better GM could have gotten a bit more in trade.  And I think Feaster rushed the Bouwmeester trade when there was another year left.  

But I do agree we are in a much better spot now then we were before.  Having 3-first round picks, one of them a high pick, is going to give us an opportunity to replenish our prospect pool very quickly.  I think there is an opportunity to convert cap space to decent players this summer when teams are going to be forced to offload salary.  And I don't think the Flames are done.  I believe we will continue to be busy offloading players at the draft, during the summer, and up to next seasons deadline.  

That said, the latter doesn't forgive the former in my opinion.  I think the Flames should be looking for a new GM effective immediately and I am hoping we hear big news in the next couple of weeks.   

Feaster will be giving a press conference in a few minutes live on the Flames site

unfortunately.. Feaster never stepped down.. I guess it was more than I could have hoped for.Never have i seen a G.M. make so many mistakes in such a short period of time.. The O Reilly fiasco.. The non Iggy trade to Boston.. The admitted lack of personal Integrity . The Dump Kipper move that backfired.. Moving Comeau for no reason.. And on and on.. How any other G.M will even consider dealing with him in the future is beyond my belief.. The entire organization needs a complete redo from  the top on down.. It's come out the some owners wanted Iggy moved three years ago but they apparently can't agree on how to run the team so it's no wonder we're in the mess we're in.. Please.. Flames owners.. if you're reading this.. Elect one of yourselves to be the singular voice for maybe a term of 3 to 5 years and stay on course.. We love our Flames and are completely embarassed with the direction or lack of such that we are currently in. We now are nothing more than a collection of hockey players .. Not a team at all and there has been nothing  presented to us.. Your Paying public. to give us any hope that things will improve in the near future.. Blow it up!!! Replace ken King.. perhaps Lanny may be a candidate.. Hire a 

G.M. that has a background in hockey. NOT some friggin lawyer.. Get in the game or your fan base is going to dwindle severely and fast!!!... If you're going to bring in someone from the outside.. Make sure they know that .. We are a very knowledgeable fan base but.. we can live with a team that doesn't win every night. but.. we must have a team that competes and competes hard.. The Saddledome is our Sanctuary.. NOBODY outcompetes Calgary at home.....It's the Cowboy way

Wow...where to start?

The O Reilly fiasco that proved, after people thought about it, to be nothing more than exploiting a hole in a CBA.

The non Iggy trade to Boston which was totally at the discretion of Iginla, not completely within Management's control

The admitted lack of personal Integrity nope, intellectual honesty, not persona integrity.  Big difference

The Dump Kipper move that backfired if you listened to the press conference, there was never a "dump Kiprusoff" agenda

Moving Comeau for no reason - an FA we acquired for free gives us a free draft pick before becoming a UFA.  Yep, no reason there at all

And on and on - please, continue citing things that are complete garbage.

It's come out the some owners wanted Iggy moved three years ago but they apparently can't agree on how to run the team so it's no wonder we're in the mess we're in - links/sources, please

We love our Flames and are completely embarassed with the direction or lack of such that we are currently in.  not embarassed.  Confused, sure...embarassed, not really.

We now are nothing more than a collection of hockey players .. Not a team at all and there has been nothing  presented to us.. Your Paying public. to give us any hope that things will improve in the near future - take a minute to think about (at bare minimum) the combination of freed-up cap space with the lowering of the salary cap next season, and tell me again that there is no hope for the future

Blow it up!!! - they look like they are

Replace ken King perhaps Lanny may be a candidate - dear God, no thank you

Hire a G.M. that has a background in hockey. NOT some friggin lawyer - why?  What could possibly be your reasoning for this?

Get in the game or your fan base is going to dwindle severely and fast!!!... If you're going to bring in someone from the outside.. Make sure they know that .. We are a very knowledgeable fan base but.. we can live with a team that doesn't win every night. but.. we must have a team that competes and competes hard.. The Saddledome is our Sanctuary.. NOBODY outcompetes Calgary at home.....It's the Cowboy way

Wow...where to start?

the o reilly fiasco occured because feaster believed his version of the world according to Garp was the way things were instead of checking his facts with the league first.. typical lawyer crap..  Iggy gave the team the right to trade him to four teams and thus .. gave up his right to pick which specific team he would go to.integrity.. honesty.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. only a lawyer seeks such define   interpretation,feaster  admitted that he had been talking to Kipper for quite sometime trying to get him to approve a move..There was no reason to move Comeau except to try to appease another lie .. He has said many times the last few weeks that we would be very agressive before the deadline and he wasn't meaning the Iggy and Boumeester trades.. Comeau was a cheap asset that did not need to be moved with Tanguay floating around.. Cammerelli stuck here at 6 mill a year on a contract nobody would take Butler giving away the puck 30 times a game.. etc.lol Lanny was just a throw out.. at least the fans have respect for him and what would be my reasoning for hiring a g.m with a hockey background instead of a lawyer.. LMao.. you figure that one out.. Lawyers are hired to write contracts.. Not run Hockey teams

I've never really understood the hate for Feaster. Everyone's biggest argument seems to be that he should step down because he's a lawyer. It's said we should hire someone who played hockey at some point in their lives. Why is that the logic we're following? I have a car and I ride it everyday so that probably means I should be CEO of General Motors? I've noticed that the posters on here with the most hockey knowledge don't seem to have a problem with Feaster and those that do just seem to recycle each others complaints. Like most, I agree it's possible we could have gotten better returns for our departed players. But I think given the circumstances that include variables outside of our knowledge, I'd say he did a good job. And O'reilly.. Why does everyone seem to forget that Colorado had interpreted the cba the same way as Feaster? In fact, I read an article which sorry I can't find, wherein it said several GM's would have read it the same way. Don't forget, when O'reilly's contract is up don't you think he's going to remember which team wanted him more? 

Archived