The 7 Canadian Nhl Teams

s4xon

Topic of Discussion for this thread: Canada's 7 NHL teams

Well its a new very exciting, very short season of hockey for our 7 NHL teams here in the true north, strong and free. Crack a beer, put your feet up, and enjoy a refreshing new, clean slate.

Today's Schedule:

Sens @ Jets

-Well for starters, Byfuglien's goal sparked another fan crazed roar in the 'Peg. It was refreshing to see. However, the rest of the game, especially the last 10 minutes was abysmal for the Jets. I felt for the fans as I saw sloppy passes, poor puck possession, and players out of positions on a constant basis. The power play was poor, and a steady stream of turnovers propelled the Sens to a 4-1 victory over the hometown Jets. Grats to the Sens.

Leafs @ Habs - 5:00 Mountain Time.

Ducks @ Canucks - 8:00 Mountain Time.

Tomorrow is exciting. Lets see what Hartley has done, and what this new Flames roster can do! Go Flames!

I only watched part of the Jets/Sens because I wanted to see my ex-Flyers get their rings & hoist the SC banner. I was pretty sure that the "Nothing But Crosby" network would shift to Pennsylvania as often as possible so stayed with that.

What did strike me when spot checking CBC was the overt way the talking heads were rooting on the Sens. Were they wearing Sens jerseys while doing the play by play?

I only watched part of the Jets/Sens because I wanted to see my ex-Flyers get their rings & hoist the SC banner. I was pretty sure that the "Nothing But Crosby" network would shift to Pennsylvania as often as possible so stayed with that.

What did strike me when spot checking CBC was the overt way the talking heads were rooting on the Sens. Were they wearing Sens jerseys while doing the play by play?

Typical CBC. Before Ottawa came along we got 24/7 maple leafs shoved down our throats. You should have seen it a few decades ago when all we had was the CBC and HNIC, if it wasn't Toronto, it wasn't on TV. Now they have Ottawa so they have two teams to root for. And to think, my tax money goes to fund something that I don't even want to watch. Man I detest the CBC.

Typical CBC. Before Ottawa came along we got 24/7 maple leafs shoved down our throats. You should have seen it a few decades ago when all we had was the CBC and HNIC, if it wasn't Toronto, it wasn't on TV. Now they have Ottawa so they have two teams to root for. And to think, my tax money goes to fund something that I don't even want to watch. Man I detest the CBC.

I hear you...

Be warned those TO games will be in wonderful HD and you won't have to pay a penny extra to see them in HD. Trying to get either an Oilers or Flames game shown can be a struggle. I think the Oilers are worse off trying to get their games shown.

I don't detest them, but I am not fond of CBC's colormen. Some announcers are okay, some well leave a bit to be desired. They have some decent people in back Kelly Hrudy, Elliotte Freidman has some good insights. Hotstove is okay.

for as long as i can remember, they have also been blatantly Nuck hommers for the west games no matter which teams are involved. On the second Vancouver goal tonight, the announcers were all over Hiller and his shortcomings for not stopping a blast from the point through a ton of traffic. Then on the second Anaheim goal (no traffic) they were talking about how slaps from the point are deceptively difficult since they can either rise or fall on their path to the net.

for as long as i can remember, they have also been blatantly Nuck hommers for the west games no matter which teams are involved. On the second Vancouver goal tonight, the announcers were all over Hiller and his shortcomings for not stopping a blast from the point through a ton of traffic. Then on the second Anaheim goal (no traffic) they were talking about how slaps from the point are deceptively difficult since they can either rise or fall on their path to the net.

Maybe its just me...but I found it extremely satisfying when the saviour of the Canucks was pulled after just 5 goals in 14 shots. The icing on the cake was Luongo showing up the young rook who supposedly stole his job. Hats off to Vancouver and their fans :)

I remember that oh too well. Even in the days of the Original 6 it was TML as English Canada's team with the Habs as the French equivalent.

Being eastern based they still believe if it happened west of the GTA it didn't happen.

not so sure I agree with that.

they really jumped on the Flames bandwagon in 2004 and stayed there until maybe 2007.

it wasn't really until the Nucks started playing well that they jumped on their wagon. Having said that however, they have been absolutely insufferable for the last 4 years or so.

and they have been on the Oilers bandwagon, waiting for it to start moving, for years now

I think they are just a bandwagon-jumping hype machine

IMO,, the CBC sucks whether you live West or East of Canada,, they typically shove the Eastern games down our throat more then the West, however, if their not in the East they just jump on the band wagon to what teams are hot at the time.

Past few years its all about the Nucks, this year the table will turn and we they will live, eat, and swallow the top guns with the Oilers... (Did i say swallow)? egad....

Anyway regardless,, The Oilers will have a great team this year, lets hope the Flames can keep up with them.

Flames I feel have improved this year with the roster, and coach.

Oilers have improved even more with the young talent, (not sure about Krueger) though.

CBC sucks, but Alberta Hockey rocks!!

The CBC has added another BC pbp in Rick Ball. He did the Canucks/Oilers game last night, he has been working in Vancouver for some time, though I'm not sure where he is originally from. He does the Canucks games on the radio when Shorty is doing TV, and does Lions games as well.

Unlike Jim Hughson, I don't find him particularly good.

Anyone see the Oil @ Nucks game last night?

After checking out the competition, the Oilers didn't look too amazing in my eyes. They had a nice come back, but young rooks Yakupov and Schultz didn't impress me. However, the Oil did very well in the shootout. They ended it with a 2 for 2 tally.

I think a big factor for the Nucks this season is the major distraction of the goalie situation. Surprise, surprise.

They also seem to be relying too much on their top line, and not much with their 2nd and third lines. Kassian of all people is one of their go to guys. Not a lot of depth in my mind, although the kid had a pretty good game last night. A goal and a fight.

Anyone see the Oil @ Nucks game last night?

After checking out the competition, the Oilers didn't look too amazing in my eyes. They had a nice come back, but young rooks Yakupov and Schultz didn't impress me. However, the Oil did very well in the shootout. They ended it with a 2 for 2 tally.

I think a big factor for the Nucks this season is the major distraction of the goalie situation. Surprise, surprise.

They also seem to be relying too much on their top line, and not much with their 2nd and third lines. Kassian of all people is one of their go to guys. Not a lot of depth in my mind, although the kid had a pretty good game last night. A goal and a fight.

Maybe the Oil will impress you more when the Flames play them ;)

I think the Nucks are pretty weak on D, lots of D breakdowns against the Oil the other night, and they got beaten around the outside quite often a'la Eberle. The Sedins looked really good as always, and Edlers goal was a ripper. but they just are not deep enough, they are really feeling the absence of Kesler. Th

Maybe the Oil will impress you more when the Flames play them ;)

The Oil will never impress me :D

Gillis has been quoted saying "there is a deal very close to being done for Luongo, but it's not with any team that anyone thinks." So that leaves the Leafs and the Panthers out. Some have been saying Lou for Benn, but I can't see that happening. I could potentially see Chicago. Where else would Lou waive the no trade to?

Gillis has been quoted saying "there is a deal very close to being done for Luongo, but it's not with any team that anyone thinks." So that leaves the Leafs and the Panthers out. Some have been saying Lou for Benn, but I can't see that happening. I could potentially see Chicago. Where else would Lou waive the no trade to?

I think Gillis is just playing the media at this point. The never-ending cycle of the SAME questions and speculation is at a ridiculous level...

I hope he comes out with another 'lead' tomorrow and the day after that as well... just keep toying and baiting the media..

Some as in flash in the pan Canuck fans? That will never ever ever happen. That makes negative sense.

Some as in flash in the pan Canuck fans? That will never ever ever happen. That makes negative sense.

Of course that deal makes no sense. But what the heck is a "flash in the pan" fan? A fan that "fanned" well for a short time but now is not "fanning" very well at all?

Archived