Lockout 101

baljflames13

As I have browsed various websites & blogs during the last few weeks it seems to me that many "knowledgable" hockey fans either side with the NHL owners or attribute equal blame to both the NHL & the NHLPA.

Then there are Vancouver Canuck fans whom seem to agree with the initial post in this thread. B)

The Fans Have Spoken: NHL Shoulders Blame - Anger Aimed At League and Commissioner - Ed Willes, The Province - October 18, 2012

You can question the methodology. There's no questioning the message it sends.

On Monday, one day before the owners finally deigned to table a respectable offer to the players, we invited Province readers to email this space and express their feelings about the NHL lockout.

Apparently, this struck a chord.

Within 24 hours we received more than 100 emails - 116, to be precise. Some were short and sweet. Some were long and nasty. Some were thoughtful and compelling. Some were loud and profane.

But of those 116 missives, there wasn't one that stated support for the NHL's position; which saw the wisdom or the need to lock out the players for the third time in 18 years.

Am I surprised? Not whatsoever!

And I thought that with no hockey on the horizon, I would be free of my disdain for the Nucks. :rolleyes:

At least I have more time to work on the conversion of my bro and his progeny in Vancouver from the dark side to the Flames. :)

My other relatives there are a lost cause..................

Archived