2011-12 Season

conundrumed

As I sit in limbo, I try to remain positive with recollections of last year.

I have 3 to start:

Stamkos providing he is the most prolific scorer in the league while maintaining a very modest demeanour (unlike most of his competition)

Dustin Brown absolutely lambasting Henrik Sedin

Kind of jumping on the bandwagon of the winner, but Anze Kopitar winning a Cup. I consider him the best representation of the "young" NHL

Anyone care to join me for a stroll down memory lane? Feel free to include clips, but try to keep it your honest "why I love the game".

I know it's hard though, I did say the Brown hit meself, but I refrained from the Oilers hot start ending in despair!!

Since the Flyers (nor Flames) weren't in the SCF I was happy to see 3 of my favorite former Flyers (Richards, Carter & Gagne) hoist the Cup.

Add other alumni like Hextall & I was more then OK with that. :)

The way they steamrolled #1,2 & 3 in the West was impressive.

I was also happy Sutter got them there as the coach. Ties to my 1 & 1A teams represented.

As a Winnipeger I was ecstatic to have the NHL return to my city. The team also exceeded my predictions/hopes a lot. I look forward to them soon being a contender & giving my province playoff hockey again.

Those are my 2 :) s.

I'll throw in 1 bad moment. June 23, 2011. I was so POed when Richards (& Carter) were traded. :mad: I'm still on the "Fire Homer" bandwagon.

Kipper's 300th win and Iggy's 500th goal will rank right up there for me. Moments like that only come along every so often, especially given the way players are traded so easily nowadays. It's nice to see things like this happen in a city that loves the guy who does it.

Bear coming up and not only doing quite well for himself, but also energizing the team.

Sarich absolutely destroying Hall. I felt a little bad for Hall, he is a great player but unfortunatly he plays for the wrong team and he seems to think hes invincible.

Calgary going 4-2 against the oil, one of our worst seasons as of late against them but anytime we beat them you gotta celebrate.

Archived