Leafs Named Worst Franchise By Espn

The_People1

Do you agree the Leafs are the worst franchise in North American pro sports?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree the Leafs are the worst franchise in North American pro sports?

• Yes
    • No

All the factors mentioned (basically bang for the buck) are true but the franchise is still a major money maker (as PT Barnum said never underestimate the gullibility of the public [i used the gist rather then looking up the accurate quote. Hence no quotation marks.]).

While other teams lose money they still sell a 40+ year old mystic & make money hand over fist. Therefor they can't be the worst (& I've always disliked the Leafs.).

All the factors mentioned (basically bang for the buck) are true but the franchise is still a major money maker (as PT Barnum said never underestimate the gullibility of the public [i used the gist rather then looking up the accurate quote. Hence no quotation marks.]).

While other teams lose money they still sell a 40+ year old mystic & make money hand over fist. Therefor they can't be the worst (& I've always disliked the Leafs.).

Lol, I'm not going to let you get away without the quote FF, especially since it's such an easy one:

There's a sucker is born every minute.

Anyways, I agree. One of the most financially successful franchises in professional sports cannot be THE worst franchise.

Money-wise, it's a cash cow with some owners who have the money to spend (ignoring the fact that Bell now has chunks of both the Habs AND the Leafs, possibly some inter-workplace rivalries about to go on....). Ownership-wise, they've got support and they have the go-ahead to do whatever it takes to compete. Fans still sellout every game. On-ice though, for whatever reason, the team is a mess.

I'm not about to go out and blame it all of Burke. He's had as many good and as many bad trades as any GM. But he took some risks and got the short end of the stick on a couple of them. Some really poor luck combined with the scorched earth that was the Leafs circa 2008 have conspired to ensure that the team is probably the 2nd-least-well run pro team in the NHL.

^

Badly run as far as winning but not for making the big $s.

The suits that own all the season tickets aren't there to watch the game. Having the tickets is to impress the client he has those for the biggest show in town.

Despite being the self claimed "center of the universe" TO is small minded. :)

Archived