Nash Traded To Rangers (pending)

Kulstad

As per Darren Dreger's Twitter

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger Rick Nash trade to New York Rangers in process now. Details to follow.

Update:

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger Will be multiple players involved in Nash trade to NYR. Contracts are being reviewed, etc. All to be done before trade call.

Update:

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger Columbus will get s pieces in return for Nash. Details to follow.

Update:

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger Dubinsky, Erixson and 1st believed to be 3 of 4 pieces included in Nash trade.

Update:

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie Artem Anisimov is the 4th piece in the Rick Nash deal.

Update:

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon and a 1st for Rick Nash.

Update:

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie So, to review, as per @DarrenDreger, it's Anisimov. Dubinsky, Erixon and a 1st rd pick to CBJ for Rick Nash.

Update:

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie BTW, the Rick Nash trade to NYR is not yet official as the trade call has not yet been done.

Update:

Aaron Portzline@Aportzline #CBJ also sending 3rd pick and minor-league defenseman to #NYR in Nash trade. Told defenseman is not David Savard.

Update:

CapGeek@capgeek Cap hits of Dubinsky, Anisimov and Erixon: $7.825M. Cap hit of Nash: $7.8M. #CBJ #NYRangers #NHL

Am I crazy, or did Columbus get totally fleeced on this deal? After all the holding out and their asking price supposedly being massive, I expected they'd get at least one high-end player in return.

Yea, I feel like after holding out for so long they really didn't get much in return.

On a side note, this possibly makes JBo the biggest name still rumoured to be on the block.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Good on the Rangers for acquiring Nash. I am sooooo happy to see him out of the Western Conference.

Welcome back to the west Tim Erixon. How does Calgary look now?

On a more serious note it really seems like Columbus got fleeced on this one. Scott Howson is going to lose his job next year after another tanking.

On a side note, this possibly makes JBo the biggest name still rumoured to be on the block.

Bobby Ryan probably now holds that title.

As for the trade, not really surprising. Wonder what plan Erixon and his agent are going to come up with now so he can get back on with the Rangers. And I though his face at the draft looked unhappy, I'd love to see how it looks today.

dubinsky and asimiwtfov arent nothing. Both are good centres, but getting richards as a FA made at least one superfluos and trading the other for nash is a pretty good steal. they are good young players that shouldnt cost alot which is good for columbus but yea, you can tell nash's trade request put their nuts in a vice.

Coulda/Shoulda/Woulda got more.... but it is what it is... They get rid of player that wanted out, dropped significantly in top end talent, but gain some functional depth at least..

CBJ - approximate -

Umberger - Johansen - Prospal

Folingo - Dubinsky - Brassard

Dorsett - Anisimov - Mayorov

Boll/Gillies/MacKenzie/Atkinsen/Letestu

Wiz - Tyutin

Johnson - Aucoin

Nikitin - Moore

Bobrovsky/Mason

Youngens: Ryan Murray, Bass, Calvert, Savard, Erixson..

They are still a ways away... but replacing a 59pt Nash and adding Folingo (earlier trade), Dubinsky and Anisimov is not too shabby for overall scoring and 2-way depth.

Johansen's development is paramount to CBJ's turnaround... huge potential right there. I probably have him a little beyond his capabilities at present by slotting him in at #1, but he's a stud... and could take another step into his 20 yr old season.

Laugh as we did about Bob... he will surely be an upgrade back there.

I don't know if this is a team I would expect back in the basement.... if healthy.

They look deeper upfront than an Ana, Pho..

Deeper on the backend than Edm.

Who knows. If they aren't decimated by injuries like they were last yr, they could move up a tier...

Another note... CBJ now owns 3 first round draft picks for next yr's draft... a draft deemed to be an extremely deep one.

The Picks:

their own, LA's and NYR's.

Their own looks like a top 10 selection.... (or top 3 according many predictions... A lottery win away from a Mackinnon or a consolation prize of Seth Jones)

The others could be anywhere from about 18th to 30th.

Lots of flexibility to flip picks to move up in the draft... or a massive number of other trade possibilities.

Their D youth (mentioned in another thread): Murray - 18, Moore - 21, Savard - 21, Erixon - 21, Goloubef - 22...

I wonder who the minor league D going to the Rags is. All I've heard is it isn't Murray.

Steven Delisle

Born Jul 30 1990 -- Levise, PQ

Height 6.06 -- Weight 209 -- Shoots R

Round 4 #107 overall 2008 NHL Entry Draft

ECHL level dman. Appearances of being a farm depth pickup.

Ranked 14th on CBJ's prospect list for D only by HF. (prior to Murray joining the group)

wow I really thought that the jackets would get a lot for nash, but I guess during the time they where waiting for a deal nash's trade value plummeted. Even though they got a lot of depth they still don't have an impact player on their team, and a goalie. I thought that nash would be involved in boo-ongo deal

Even with Nash and 20 players signed (13F, 5D, 2G) the Rangers are sitting with $13 mil in cap space. (MDZ signing still pending).

Say what you will about Sather... but the guy has been outstanding working under the cap... something many expected him to fail at.

Even with Nash and 20 players signed (13F, 5D, 2G) the Rangers are sitting with $13 mil in cap space. (MDZ signing still pending).

Say what you will about Sather... but the guy has been outstanding working under the cap... something many expected him to fail at.

Helps when ownership can easily afford to keep a guy like Redden stashed away in the minors, and Montreal taking Gomez off his hands.

I like this deal for Columbus. Sure you drop in high end talent but that was expected. They are rebuilding and they weren't going to get s lot of top end talent unless it were prospects and I think they are done with that. They need young solid nhlers that can play now and still have some upside. I think most are forgetting too that before this season Dubinsky was a 20 goal 50 point center and is very tough to play against, and Anisimov is in the same mold. Columbus has never built any type of depth or any type of a team so I think going the route of a depth trade makes more sense for them at this point. If Ryan Johnson pans out the jackets have some good potential in the next few years.

Archived