Visnovsky Files Grievance To Return To Anaheim.

Time-line of Visnovsky's NTC:

Signs 5-year/28M$ deal in 2008 with Kings (includes NTC).

June 29th, 2008 - traded to Oilers one day before NTC takes effect. (Therefore meaning the NTC would still be effective).

March 3rd, 2010 - traded to Ducks. If this NTC is still active, it means the Ducks chose to honour it.

Summer 2012 - Visnovsky claims his NTC was still in effect, and that his trade to Islanders is negated.

I wonder whose at fault here.

lolol nobody wants to play for the Islanders. I bet if he looses the case he'll end up pulling a Nabokov saying he would have played for the Isles and he just wanted to make sure he was healthy enough or something.

I'd tend to side with the g.m. in these cases being in the right. They typically have all their staff involved in all aspects of contracts and the legal part of those deals. The player may tend to think one thing and not know all the fine print details. Plus his agent Sheehy is stating it's up to the NHLPA/NHL to decide if he has a NTC, as Visnovsky's agent he should be 100% aware of if he has one or not, he seems a bit unsure himself so no wonder the player is.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. But hey, it's more drama to fill out the off-season.

Archived