Arbitration 2012

Kulstad

Was listening to the Fan960 yesterday afternoon, and the topic of arbitration hearings came up. Specifically, that Sam Gagner and TJ Oshie were both scheduled for arbitration hearings this summer, and Rob Kerr said something to the effect of "both of them will win their hearings, but I guarantee that at least one of them won't be back with their team come the start of the season" (this is not verbatim, but the general gist of what was said).

Here is the arbitration list for this summer:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=10570

Gagner and Oshie have been mentioned a few times around here as potential Flames (for good or for bad). Which one of these two only do you believe will not be back with their team come October? Which one of these two only would you prefer to see in Flames silks?

Oshie will be signed. Gagner traded in my opinion. I could see Oshie moved for other help, like a good center or top pairing defenseman, but I think its unlikely at this time.

And like Im sure every person besides the obvious oiler trolls will say, I prefer Oshie to Gagner.

imo I would take Gagner as that is the more immediate need. Plus the last time we picked up an oiler (Glenx) worked out pretty well.

Not to mention it would chap their fans apple to no end. Unfortunately thats one of the bigger reasonings to me :P

Just a point of fact, Glencross was a Flame in 2008, Steve Staios was a Flame in 2010.

Glencross +1

Staios -1

so we kinda break even when it comes to Oilers trades :P

Just a point of fact, Glencross was a Flame in 2008, Steve Staios was a Flame in 2010.

Glencross +1

Staios -1

so we kinda break even when it comes to Oilers trades :P

Im trying to black out that crap fest trade. But what I meant was the last time we signed a FA off the oilers, as then they get no compensation.

can we just offer sheet eberle next year? k thx

@ 12:01 am July 1/13. If they match it sets the price for Hall & every other 1/1 pick they have. :D

If front load is still allowed they might have a problem.

Lots of teams that might have cap/salary space & see a forward as a good opportunity.

@ 12:01 am July 1/13. If they match it sets the price for Hall & every other 1/1 pick they have. :D

If front load is still allowed they might have a problem.

Lots of teams that might have cap/salary space & see a forward as a good opportunity.

Don't worry he will be signed by then. I will bet the Flames would like to have him, in only his second season he posts almost 10 more than Iggy.

I am a fan of Iginla though and I like his toughness.

Archived