Lindback Traded To Tampa

Zirakzigil

We were talking about the bigger picture Z...

Lindback to Tampa on it's own isn't the greatest news for the Canuck situation. But there are 3 other #1 options on top of that that have been eliminated now as well.

So the bigger picture is looking positive.

I disagree that the bigger picture is looking more positive, I think it just makes it look more bleak. There are only 2 teams that have major issues in net, Toronto and Columbus. Columbus will not trade for Luongo and wont be interested in the asking price for Schneider, that leaves Toronto. One of Schneider or Luongo has to be traded this summer or it will effect the team all year and into the playoffs.

In my mind its always been about TO.

I don't think any other franchise makes sense: in terms of assets and financial ability.

So the fact 4 of the 6 best goalies that were available as viable options as #1's are gone, works in Van's favor in my eyes.

Apparently TB never inquired about Luongo, so that's why Gillis stated after the TB trade that it didn't effect the number of interested teams (but what else would he say right).

But if he was actually stating the truth, then the Linback trade does actually help the Van situation by removing Lindback as a TO option.

And i wouldn't see going with the 2 goalies for a half a season as a concern. We are dealing with professionals... and both would know it would be a temporary situation. a potential rift or drama doesn't concern me at all.

- I don't get the Boston reference... They have Rask. Why would they consider trading for Schneider?

- And you know Luongo won't be waiving to go to CBJ.

- Schneider's not eligible for a NTC, so that's not an issue.

- No way a trade is made within the division, and only slighty greater change of going elsewhere in the West... East is the destination of either goalie.

- Schneider could get offered a contract.. but i don't see him signing one..

- But if he did, the automatic asset management would be match anything he signs if they believe he's a franchise goalie.

Draft is tomorrow... can't wait see if one of them moves. I predict no. I hope yes. And hope for a twist and sheets and giggles that it isn't to Toronto... heh heh..

CBJ trade a 2nd and two 4th's for Bobrovsky.

Not a bad pick up for a kid with some potential. A Bobrovsky-Mason tandum? They'll be hoping for some significant immediate upswing in development to hope it works out.

Bob may finally take a strong step forward with a greater more regular workload. he was 28-13-X with 0.915 as a rookie a couple yrs ago on a good team. His finish last yr in his last 10 games : 3 wins... 37 goals against. They must be praying it was a function of irregular play.

Wonder if taking another Russian could suggest they may draft Galchenyuk? Oh wait... i keep forgetting he's an american.

Still... Murray or Galchenyuk at #2 hmmm... I'm soooo hoping Murray goes to Edm... that would crack me right up. Nail to CBJ then.

ANYWAYS...

In terms goalies that will get you Wins next yr... the market remains. But CBJ exiting will be a strike against Canuck trade leverage... right?

CBJ, TB out of the goalie market now...

Who does that leave? next to no one.. Toronto is still around.

The rest are probably just doing due diligence in kicking the tires: NYI, NJD, Fla, and less likely Wash.

West: Chi - nauseating at the thought.

(But plausible if realignment is a matter of when and not if.)

Tim Thomas has agreed to waive his no-trade clause... which would of expired July 1st anyway.

But the timing is obviously significant with today being the draft.

Apparently teams at the cap floor have been inquiring since he would count against the cap, but you wouldn't have pay him since he would be suspended for taking the year off....

Imagine if Thomas actually DOES want to play this yr, but he just wants out of Bos... Burkie should be all over that.. but then again will Bos trade with tor AGAIN? to get rid of Thomas - yes. heh.

If Thomas is in play for Toronto... there goes the market. Vancouver will be headed into the start of next with both goalies.

@RealKyper

#SNdraft Despite Thomas waiving his no-trade allowing #Bruins to deal him he still claims it won't change his mind on taking time off #NHL

Archived