Nhl Return To Quebec

wolfmannick

Well its looking more and more like the Coyotes are on their way out of the desert and back into the Great White North. Jamison failed to buy the team by his deadline thus proving he cannot, and will not aquire the funds necessary to buy the team. No other owners have stepped forward and the city is refusing to give the NHL any more money. The team has to sell this season and its looking like the team will sell to PKP after the regular season and the Coyotes will relocate to Quebec as the rebranded Nordiques.

Sooooo....basically all opinion? Keywords here are "looking like", "cannot, and will not", "has to", and the entire last sentence.

Come back to me when something actually happens. Until then, you're just hoping and assuming. Bettman would rather die than lose the huge marketplace known as Arizona.

Fool me once and okay I will learn, fool me 1000 times and well, give me a shout when the team has been sold, actually got a sched to play elsewhere and when the team or the city or that gold??? group hasn't got any lawsuits ongoing to screw up anything that people think is going on.

Everyones threshold to "the sky is falling" is different. Mine was passed 3 new owners ago.

Well its looking more and more like the Coyotes are on their way out of the desert and back into the Great White North. Jamison failed to buy the team by his deadline thus proving he cannot, and will not aquire the funds necessary to buy the team. No other owners have stepped forward and the city is refusing to give the NHL any more money. The team has to sell this season and its looking like the team will sell to PKP after the regular season and the Coyotes will relocate to Quebec as the rebranded Nordiques.

Any shovels in the ground for that arena?

I know they have someone to manage that non-existent arena (Quebecor I think) but who's the prospective owner? Do he/they have money or it it pie in the sky like the supposed owners in Phoenix.

Any shovels in the ground for that arena?

I know they have someone to manage that non-existent arena (Quebecor I think) but who's the prospective owner? Do he/they have money or it it pie in the sky like the supposed owners in Phoenix.

Approved, and under construction since September 3rd.

04ec0a265c34ef4d48d28894c0b70367.png?1360823083

No NHL team yet.

Here is a vid showing what it will look like:

Due to open in 2015.

Man.. i hope QC doesn't get a team before Seattle.

I would perfer another in the west before back in the east.

For the best interests of the LEAGUE, the revenue potential in Seattle is SO much greater than QC.

-QC is already watching the league, already adding to the ratings, and merchandise sales... Seattle isn't.

-Corporate limitions are significasnt.

Sure QC will sellout, but if they can tap a fiesty Seattle market with that massive corporate potential and such a more significant population boost to the american national NHL audience... thats where the real money is.

Sure its not as exactly traditional (despite the Jr history), but the market and revenue potential by far tops QC.

Its just better business to go to Seattle than QC.

And now since Seattle has their NBA team, it means the arena goes through, which kicks the door WIDE open for the NHL.

We will see...

Man.. i hope QC doesn't get a team before Seattle.

I would perfer another in the west before back in the east.

For the best interests of the LEAGUE, the revenue potential in Seattle is SO much greater than QC.

-QC is already watching the league, already adding to the ratings, and merchandise sales... Seattle isn't.

-Corporate limitions are significasnt.

Sure QC will sellout, but if they can tap a fiesty Seattle market with that massive corporate potential and such a more significant population boost to the american national NHL audience... thats where the real money is.

Sure its not as exactly traditional (despite the Jr history), but the market and revenue potential by far tops QC.

Its just better business to go to Seattle than QC.

And now since Seattle has their NBA team, it means the arena goes through, which kicks the door WIDE open for the NHL.

We will see...

I thought I read that the Seattle arena isn't designed for hockey and it would mean major renovations to the seating to integrate a rink there.

Archived