With The 14th Overall Pick - Who Do You Want? (2012 Version)

Louis23

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, no risk no reward. He would have been gone by #42, the potential is there.

Here is a good article on him.... His uncle is the "Red Kelly" for those whom know who that is....

Prospect Mark Jankowski

Must say I like the underdogs. The more they have to prove themselves, the harder they work to get there. AKA Theo Fleury; Martin St. Louis; AND perhaps Johnny Gaudreau!

Might just be something.

Faska was already gone at #14 anyways. I don't have any complaints. Happy to get the 2nd back from the Kotalik deal!

Well that was a shocker, but after last years Draft Im willing to give Jay and John the benefit of the doubt. Gudreau, Granlund and Sven were great picks out of left field.

Every one says this kid has very high end skill and at 6'2" and being so young he has a few years to bulk up and put on some muscle.

And why do the Penguins have to trade Staal? Cause they dont. If the Canes come to Shero asking about Staal Shero has every right to stay I want Skinner in return.

8th and Sutter. Everyone pretty much called it, except you ;) . No Skinner. :)

From some of the hype Teuvo Teravainen has gotten....some saying he could be the most skilled player in the draft, this Jankowski kid better turn out amazing, as we traded down and thus passed on Teravainen!! Seriously ballsy move by Feaster, I am not too happy about this right now!

Actually, it wouldn't shock me. At the fan forum Feaster said there was a player who was a couple of years away but who could ultimately prove to be the best player in the draft. Jankowski potentially fits that description. That could explain why Button jumped him up so high in the draft.

I like high risk high rewards so I would be okay with the pick. Though I would prefer the Flames traded for a later 1-rounder instead so they could draft a player like Faksa, Pouliot, Girg, Grig, Faksa, or Collberg as well.

Well looks like you think like Feaster

Okay. My final prediction. Flames trade down and pick Jankowski.

Nice work Kehatch! What a prediction, would have never guessed that in a million years. Gotta give you some credit with that prediction.

I was disappointed with the trade down to 21 with all the good players available still, and again at 21 with our off the wall pick. Alot of you seem optimistic though and I trust our scouts recently, so I'm hoping they turn out to be a good decision.

Nice work Kehatch! What a prediction, would have never guessed that in a million years. Gotta give you some credit with that prediction.

I was disappointed with the trade down to 21 with all the good players available still, and again at 21 with our off the wall pick. Alot of you seem optimistic though and I trust our scouts recently, so I'm hoping they turn out to be a good decision.

Thanks! Craig Button is Todd Buttons brother and for his last couple of mock drafts he has had the Flames selecting Jankowski. Feaster has also been hinting at trade down scenarios to recoup the second. Finally, Feaster has been talking about a player he thought was the highest skilled in the draft but was aways from the NHL. When you put it all together it was predictable.

I Tweeted it as sincity1976 to Walker on the fan 960 as well!

But with the players available at 14 I was second guessing myself. Thought they might change their mind. But when they took so long I told my wife they were trading down to pick Jankowski. Sure enough.

Lucky guess in the end.

Archived