Tyler Wortherspoon

Hey Flames fan (and others)

I noticed we had a thread for Baertschi, Granlund, Reinhart, etc... But nothing for Wortherspoon.

He's a big a boy 6'2 - 200ish lbs. He is also putting up ok points on a very good Portland Winterhawks team. 7G 21A +17 41pim.

I wanted to hear what fans thought of the kid. Projections? Ceiling? I know its all speculation, but it might be useful.

I've heard some people say 5-6 D similar to Pardy? Thoughts?

:)

I noticed we had a thread for Baertschi, Granlund, Reinhart, etc... But nothing for Wortherspoon.

He's a big a boy 6'2 - 200ish lbs. He is also putting up ok points on a very good Portland Winterhawks team. 7G 21A +17 41pim.

I wanted to hear what fans thought of the kid. Projections? Ceiling? I know its all speculation, but it might be useful.

I see him as a scott kind of player with a small offensive upside. I see his high as a 4th defense man, if he can improve his skating

Potential number 4 Dman. More likely to top out at a good bottom pairing grinder, similar to Jim Vandermeer.

He's got decent mobility for a big guy. If he can round out his offensive game while keeping the physicality and defense that he has, he could potentially be a really good player.

I don't expect the world out of him. But he is arguably one of the top defensive defensemen in the WHL right now, and that's gotta be worth something.

i have Seen Joey Leech play and i have been really impressed i don't know much about Wootherspoon but guys watch out for Leach also Ramage has been also amazing we have pretty decent D-Prospects eh.

Guys are we all forgetting about turner elson 3rd in team scoring 21 goals 46 points not too bad eh he might make the team one day i doubt it but he coulds surprise us

http://www.whl.ca/stats/show/type/skaters/ls_season/238/subtype/13

Archived