Hugh Jessiman Is A Heat/flame...great Signing.

Congratulations Abbotsford/Calgary on signing Hugh Jessiman, he's a great player and a very nice guy. He will be missed here. He is in the top 10 scorer in The AHL, what were The Avs/Monsters thinking, horrible move on their part. Good Luck Jessiman...

HUH????? I think you have your facts mixed up. The Flames haven't any contracts left to sign a player they don't want even if they did.......He belongs to the Panthers.

Next time, before you rumor a false acquisition, it'd be best if you post a source before you get beat up on the boards.

Thanks

HUH????? I think you have your facts mixed up. The Flames haven't any contracts left to sign a player they don't want even if they did.......He belongs to the Panthers.

Next time, before you rumor a false acquisition, it'd be best if you post a source before you get beat up on the boards.

Thanks

He is signing a 2 way contract with The Heat, hopefully he will be a Flame in the future.

He is signing a 2 way contract with The Heat, hopefully he will be a Flame in the future.

2 way contact with the Heat eh? Now that's funny!!!! It appears you didn't read my post......THE FLAMES ARE AT THE MAXIMUM 50 CONTRACTS BETWEEN THE CLUB AND AHL.

Unless for some GAWD awful reason he was packaged into a trade from Florida. But he is a lifer AHLer at best, former 12th overall pick in 2003???? Didn't someone say 2003 was such a good draft?? This goon turns 28 next month with 2 career NHL games.

NO THANKS

***Edit, he doesn't even have an NHL contract he is a Unrestricted Free Agent (Group III).

2 way contact with the Heat eh? Now that's funny!!!! It appears you didn't read my post......THE FLAMES ARE AT THE MAXIMUM 50 CONTRACTS BETWEEN THE CLUB AND AHL.

Unless for some GAWD awful reason he was packaged into a trade from Florida. But he is a lifer AHLer at best, former 12th overall pick in 2003???? Didn't someone say 2003 was such a good draft?? This goon turns 28 next month with 2 career NHL games.

NO THANKS

***Edit, he doesn't even have an NHL contract he is a Unrestricted Free Agent (Group III).

he may have signed with the Heat, as you state in your edit he is a UFA and Abbotsford can sign him to a minor league deal like they did with Taylor, or Kolanos (before the Flames signed him) and he wouldn't count against the contract limit.

Persoanlly I wouldn't mind the guy in Abby, we need bodies down there and he is a solid AHL player

Well there was some truth to the topic....

Heat sign Hugh Jessiman to AHL contract

My apologies to the OP

But how does that work anyhow? Does that mean Hugh was playing for free for Lake Erie? Wouldn't he have been under an AHL contract with them? 43 games is a pretty long tryout, not to get at least an AHL contract, or was he released from Lake Erie?

I dunno, maybe okay for the Heat, but he'll never set foot in a Flames uniform. Big Guy though 231 LBS, Crazy, and to think Jeff Carter was drafted immediately before him, and Dustin Brown, immediately after

I don't know why this isn't on his wikipedia page, but it very well should be....

Jessiman is widely regarded as one of the worst draft picks in NHL history, as the players selected directly after him have made considerable contributions to the NHL while he has spent his entire career playing in the minor leagues. His selection by the New York Rangers set the franchise back considerably in their rebuilding efforts and he is continually referenced as one of the the biggest draft busts in sports history

Well there was some truth to the topic....

Heat sign Hugh Jessiman to AHL contract

My apologies to the OP

But how does that work anyhow? Does that mean Hugh was playing for free for Lake Erie? Wouldn't he have been under an AHL contract with them? 43 games is a pretty long tryout, not to get at least an AHL contract, or was he released from Lake Erie?

I dunno, maybe okay for the Heat, but he'll never set foot in a Flames uniform. Big Guy though 231 LBS, Crazy, and to think Jeff Carter was drafted immediately before him, and Dustin Brown, immediately after

I don't know why this isn't on his wikipedia page, but it very well should be....

he was likely released by Lake Erie or played multiple tryout contracts.

Great signing.

The guy is young enough and big enough to be called up when needed (albeit not this year, but in the future perhaps).

More importantly, it gives the Heat some added offense after being depleted through multiple callups. IMHO, it's only going to get worse for the Heat, so this couldn't come at a better time.

If Kolanos starts lighting it up, he may not make it back to the Heat.

Horak already Has lit it up, and has raised the level of his play with the Flames.

Brian Connelly is another guy that's just one injury away from being called up.

So, the Heat really needed this injection. Great depth signing.

Great signing.

The guy is young enough and big enough to be called up when needed (albeit not this year, but in the future perhaps).

More importantly, it gives the Heat some added offense after being depleted through multiple callups. IMHO, it's only going to get worse for the Heat, so this couldn't come at a better time.

If Kolanos starts lighting it up, he may not make it back to the Heat.

Horak already Has lit it up, and has raised the level of his play with the Flames.

Brian Connelly is another guy that's just one injury away from being called up.

So, the Heat really needed this injection. Great depth signing.

you really overrate some of these farmhands. Horak hasn't lit anything up, Kolanos will likely be the first guy sent back to the farm since he has shown next to nothing at the NHL level. Connelly is likely behind Wilson who has shown he didn`t look out of place in the NHL and Babchuk is still ahead of them both.

the only thing I agree with is that this is good for the Heat

Archived