Yeah Right... Our Cupboards Are Bare!

"How would I rate our group?" repeats Ron Sutter, the Flames' player-development coach. "It's the best group of kids we've had in my 11 years here."

Calgary Herald Link

Looks like we're not the only ones who have been happy with our prospects so far....

Depending on what your definition of top-end is, we are either really shallow or pretty decent. For me, my definition of top end is a guy who plays on the top two lines or D pairings and can play upwards of 17 minutes a night while contributing. Given that, I think we have a few prospects that can play that role: Baertschi (bare minimum), Reinhart, Gaudreau, Granlund. Obviously a few of these guys are more likely to hit it than others. And you add that to our improved depth and I think concerns about our future are misguided.

Not everyone is going to have an Edmonton-level prospect pool, but we've done nicely with what we have. I think to expect anything close to Edmonton is unrealistic. We have good pieces. They're developing on track or even above expectations.

Archived