Greg Nemisz - Picking Things Up

Greg Nemisz is finally raising the level of his game...the question is whether it's a hot streak, or a sign of things to come:

http://theahl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=3731

10 points in 11 games this season, coming in several multi-point game spurts.

6 points and 3 goals in his last 4 games.

Question to those in the know: When did he become a right winger? I thought he was a centre...

Not that I'm complaining...whatever is best for him. I'd rather have an NHL-calibre winger than an AHL-calibre centre.

Going into this season i thought anything less than just about a PPG for Nemisz would be considered a step back. Defensivly, nemisz can play in the NHL right now I think he has that good awareness but he was not drafted for his shutdown abilities. When I saw him at prospects came its very clear he put alot of good work into his skating becuase his speed is now what I would consider NHL level so it should open the game up more offensivly for him. I would think if he does hit the PPG or close it mark this season it's a very good sign he is ready for the NHL next season, and I think he will. He has the skills he just needs to be able to match the skating and speed to be able to utalize those skills and based on what I saw he has that speed now. Not saying he is fast, be he has NHL calibre skating.

Thanks raddd, kehatch, cross16...

I'd honestly given up on him outside of a fourth line NHL player...I'll admit it. Looks like I was wrong...Nemisz is getting back on track. Maybe because he's so tall (?), he took longer to develop than one would expect. But, he's finally making his mark. I really like that they're allowing him to develop offensively.

It's usually a good rule of thumb that players that are bigger take a little longer to develop. Obviously there are excpetins, Milan Lucic for one, but on the whole I do find players with bigger frames take a little longer to develop. They don't need to be great skaters to dominate at the junior level but obviously you can't do much in the NHL without skating so that takes some time.

Personally i am not surprised one bit like cross mentioned i much expected this and was actually surprised that he was given the C for the heat in place of laing. Nemisz is a prospect with 2nd line potential for both his qualities of defense and offence. What i have noticed this year is that he is using his strength and speed, he is consistently pushing himself threw defencemen along the boards and using his speed to hit the net. He is finally becoming a power-forward. Last year he would rarely throw the body or attempt to out muscle anyone. Greg still needs to fill out his body if he expects to be a second line player in the NHL though, He is 6'3 and 200 pounds. That isn't exactly the weight a player like greg should be at his height if he can add 10-15 pounds of muscle throughout this year and next year in the heat he will be a scary player to play against. Like I mentioned above he is using his strength to out muscle people in the A but players in the AHL are far smaller and weaker the players and most importantly defencemen in the NHL

Archived