Louis23

Oilers post huge comeback against Stanley Cup champs.

Score with 1:05 left to tie it but disallowed (which it shouldn't have been).

Score with 4 seconds left.

Win in OT

One of the most emotional endings to a game that i have ever seen.

TOTALLY robbed with 1:05. Absolute brutal call on Gagner. The ref even signaled goal and that usually means its final. Not a reviewable play so that means there's no conclusive evidence. They overturned the call after a huddle with officials who were too far away from the play to be totally sure. The crowd went ballistic, tossing garbage onto the ice. Chanting "refs suck". Tears of frustration ran down the faces of the fans.

And what do you know, Richards misses an empty net chance. Then, with 4 seconds left, justice is served and the Oilers salvage OT. Richards then gives the Oilers a gift of a powerplay in OT and Gagner redeems himself with a game winner.

This is one of those team building and never forget about games and could rally the young Oilers for the rest of this season. They beat the Cup champs in the most dramatic fashion ever.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then Yakupov steals Fleury's sliding goal celly.

you know that was the thing I thought when I saw it too lol. Which to me is a good thing because while I have never been a fan of the Flames, I have had Flame players that I have been a closet fan of, and Theo is number one as my all time favorite.

He probably doesn't even know who Fleury is. He didn't know much about the Oilers history before being drafted here.

One of the most emotional endings to a game that i have ever seen.

TOTALLY robbed with 1:05. Absolute brutal call on Gagner. The ref even signaled goal and that usually means its final. Not a reviewable play so that means there's no conclusive evidence. They overturned the call after a huddle with officials who were too far away from the play to be totally sure. The crowd went ballistic, tossing garbage onto the ice. Chanting "refs suck". Tears of frustration ran down the faces of the fans.

And what do you know, Richards misses an empty net chance. Then, with 4 seconds left, justice is served and the Oilers salvage OT. Richards then gives the Oilers a gift of a powerplay in OT and Gagner redeems himself with a game winner.

This is one of those team building and never forget about games and could rally the young Oilers for the rest of this season. They beat the Cup champs in the most dramatic fashion ever.

E. All of the above

E. All of the above

Great moves by the coach too (forgot his name). Belanger to take the offensive zone faceoff with 10 seconds to go in a game where you need all your scorers on the ice?? He also takes Hall off the top unit PP in OT with Eberle and RNH and puts in Gagner for revenge.

That was truly a great game. The Oilers might just make the playoffs with that extra 2 points.

Great moves by the coach too (forgot his name). Belanger to take the offensive zone faceoff with 10 seconds to go in a game where you need all your scorers on the ice?? He also takes Hall off the top unit PP in OT with Eberle and RNH and puts in Gagner for revenge.

That was truly a great game. The Oilers might just make the playoffs with that extra 2 points.

It was one of those games that gives that emotional reward of being a fan of a team.

I like mostly what I see from the Oilers this season except one area that is a concern. Whitney, although talking the talk of training this off season isn't looking anywhere near as good as he needs to be for the Oilers to be a good team. We might need to add another defenceman.

Dreger: Oilers claim goalie, Niko Hovinen, off Waivers from Flyers... https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/statuses/294852829175246849

Since he was on unconditional waivers, the move is thought to be so he can be sent to the minors.

Since he was on unconditional waivers, the move is thought to be so he can be sent to the minors.

I don't think unconditional waivers presently exist... the buyout periods are over aren't they?

When you pick a guy off of waivers, you have to place them on your active roster. If you pick a guy off of waivers, and then try to place him on your farm team within a month or so claiming him from another team, then that team can get him back and place him the minors no problem.

But yeah... i stand to be corrected obviously since that was how it worked under the old CBA... not familiar enough with the new one.

As somebody said on the Oilers forum, they just got a backup for the backups backup.

Sounds like they are backed up with backups...

Maybe they are thinking it could come in handy with the number of back-to-back games this season...

Wait, back it up a bit. What??

I suppose that I could back it up a bit by going back to the following from... http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/1/16/3179951/the-key-to-the-oilers-season

"A shortened and more aggressive play schedule will put some additional pressure on the goaltenders, but the Oilers are in a special position: their backup is the worst goaltender in the league. If Dubnyk remains healthy, Nikolai Khabibulin should get no more than 10 starts."

Sounds like they should be back to considering backing up their backup...

But back to my biggest concern of this back up for the backup blog is the following disturbing bit of advice...

"So as the season begins, keep in mind how important that single body part is to the Oilers' hopes and keep an eye on Devan Dubnyk's groin."... :blink:

smiley-vault-signs-098.gif

Fleury said he saw the replay, and loved it, but he's going to send yak vids of his celly's so he can see how to add fist pumps and stuff.:lol:

add to that, they interviewed Theo on Tv, it was odd seeing him with a bit of meat on his bones. sure he's older and not playing, but he was always super lean and in game shape. (not a criticism, he looked healthy, which he hasn't always, just made me feel old too.)

that guy had heart galore.

the toilet stadium pic is awesome.

I think it was Deeds who posted in another thread, but I'll repeat it here: nobody should take the Oilers lightly this year. They are an extremely talented team, and looked like a completely different bunch of guys out there than last year. If they ever get their defense sorted out, they'll be more than a handful to contend with.

But....with all of that said.....

neenerneener.jpg

Good game by the Flames. They were the better team tonight.

Good to hear Connor. :)

Question: How do you and Bronco73 cope with all the whiners on the boards over in the Oil drum? They aren't all whiners, but there are a ton of them. The Oilers have one bad game after 2 amazing comeback wins and it's like it's the end of the season for most the forum.

For a team that has some of the youngest coveted talent in the NHL, you would think most their fans would give them some credit. At least two of you do.

Good game by the Flames. They were the better team tonight.

+1 for showing up to offer a congratz Conner. Didn't think you had it in you.

You should be able to take some of the good things the Oilers did tonight and run with it for a bit.

Your PP looked real good. If they mix it up a bit more and do a tad less through the crease passing they will continue to be one of the best in the league. We had no answer for it at times.

Your D still needs some work. Much improved over last year but still needs work.

If the Oilers can keep from taking so many penalties at least while the refs have been instructed to call everything, you will be much better off. Stupid penalties has hurt both our teams this year, not just tonight.

Lots of time to work out the bugs when we play each other again in April.

The Oilers are still a small and soft team that is going to have to deal with being pushed around on a nightly basis.

Now Don they have all these budding young stars that the sportscasters are drooling all over.

It is so bad I am walking through puddles of Sportscaster drool just to get to my TV set.

Every post-game coverage of an Oilers loss on CBC (or anywhere): "Yeah... they lost, but look at all those first round picks! Boy, they are some special players. They're going to win the cup someday. Huh? The team that won? Who cares about them? Let's keep talking about how good the Oilers might be someday in the future."

Archived