Louis23

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the Oilers last night. What a joke. I've seen Junior Team execute line changes on the fly with more consistency. What are they up to on the bench, texting and watching trends? Your coaching should be working on the fundamentals if you want to start to make any progress, maybe that would help.

Fundamentals like:

tying shoelaces

proper verb usage

eating with cutlery

if that's what you think, then I doubt you watched the game.

that line change was solely on the vets who were inept getting off. they failed to drive the puck deep, and halfarsed it to the bench. the guys coming on to the ice had no chance.

that was one of the worst line changes ever, but not the way you describe it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet win.

Hey, the Oilers aren't going to be in the off season but I'll take a win against the Flames that lessens their chances.

yes, at least you get one meaningful game of hockey to watch this year!

good game by your boys last night - they played solid defensively, blocking a lot of shots and clogging lanes.

the Flames, on the other hand, looked tired and didn't seem to have what it took to push through that and make things happen

Oh well, let's hope the Oil can muster enough fortitude to play well against the Yotes as well.

That seriously didn't look good for Taylor Hall yesterday but at least it wasn't one of those side-to-side head whiplashes that severely hurt Crosby and basically ended Marc Savard's career. It was more head-on. Still, those are the kind of concussions that springboard future concussions and make future concussions happen easier. Sucks for the Oilers but Hall's career might have peaked with the concussion.

That seriously didn't look good for Taylor Hall yesterday but at least it wasn't one of those side-to-side head whiplashes that severely hurt Crosby and basically ended Marc Savard's career. It was more head-on. Still, those are the kind of concussions that springboard future concussions and make future concussions happen easier. Sucks for the Oilers but Hall's career might have peaked with the concussion.

From the sounds of it, Hall's concussion wasn't that bad. I would also say it's way to early to say his career has peaked because he has a mild head ache.

yes, at least you get one meaningful game of hockey to watch this year!

good game by your boys last night - they played solid defensively, blocking a lot of shots and clogging lanes.

the Flames, on the other hand, looked tired and didn't seem to have what it took to push through that and make things happen

Oh well, let's hope the Oil can muster enough fortitude to play well against the Yotes as well.

Oilers don't match up well against Phoenix.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a newsline on MSG network that Taylor Hall is to undergo season-ending shoulder surgery - 5 to 6 month recovery

I guess that concussion is no longer a concern...

yeah its to repair his labrum that was damaged in the wjc's vs. finland 3 years ago.

he could certainly play through it but it is beneficial to get it repaired now that hes out of the line up anyway

We match up pretty good against Philly, Winnipeg and Calgary though.:blush:

I understand you just won the last 2 games you played Calgary, but saying you match up well against a team that has beat you 15 of the last 18 is just stupid.

"Ya, we are 3-15 against CGY in our last 18, we match up well against them..." - I guess for EDM thats not to shabby..

Tambellini's lack of attention to detail.. or lack of competence

Earlier today the Oilers recalled Magnus Paajarvi, but because the Oilers had already made four post-deadline transactions (assigning Paajarvi to OKC, recalling Omark, recalling Hartikanen and recalling Vande Velde), this one was illegal and he had to get sent back down to Oklahoma City.

Just another mark of excellence for Tamby and the management team... jeez.

If it wasn't so funny, i wouldn almost feel bad for Oiler fan.

There's no way oiler fan can feel any comfort to have these guys in charge of the future of the club.

Tambellini's lack of attention to detail.. or lack of competence

Just another mark of excellence for Tamby and the management team... jeez.

If it wasn't so funny, i wouldn almost feel bad for Oiler fan.

There's no way oiler fan can feel any comfort to have these guys in charge of the future of the club.

Yeah this has to be a very embarrassing situation. This is their job, it what they are paid to do. Screwing up on this kind of thing makes them look incompetent.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/oilers-recall-magnus-paajarvi-realize-not-allowed-send-175538392.html

Anyway, I am holding my judgement of the Oilers until the start of next season / end of the off-season. If their management can get some top D they will be on track, if not, they just hit some black ice on the rebuild road…

Another season without rising notably in the standings can't be acceptable and by notably I mean at the very least 10 ranks.

I think the Oilers should trade the pick

1) there is not enough ice time and PP time to go around (or room for egos)

2) you can't resign them all and tie up that much cap space on what are essentially all the same tyes of players (yes there are differences but at the end of the day they are all top 6 offensive forwards)

3) they will not have addressed any of their organizational needs if they draft Yakupov

4) they could solve at least one of their needs in a very significant way (and immediately) if they do treade the pick

No brainer IMO but I have very little faith in TambiLowe

And how's that Hemsky signing looking now? :lol:

I'd rather be the Oilers than Columbus, or Calgary.

I'd heard a rumour that kevin low was in the process of rounding up new gm candidates, the short list included

1.helper monkey

2.j moss

3.ConnorFutureGM

4.S.Tambelini(extension)

I suspect the move is to save money since it takes no skill whatsoever to draft first and 31st anyway. To be fair J.moss is overqualified out of that group. I do suppose connorfuture gm has a good a shot as anyone since its hard to do any worse than the current management.

Or a shot at the division.

Based on...?

Nail?

I would wait to see if your management has competence to put a D in front of a goalie, and gain some forward depth (not named Hordichuk or Eager) before predicting you will be challenging the 2-time President's Trophy winners for the division.. heh.

But I like your optimism!

The Oilers will have another handful of prospects after this draft... All of which (but 1) will be ready to contribute in 3ish yrs.

Till then... It's in Tambellini and Lowe's hands to sign and trade for talent, and trying to coax them to.. move to Edmonton.

And that makes me very happy!

2) you can't resign them all and tie up that much cap space on what are essentially all the same tyes of players (yes there are differences but at the end of the day they are all top 6 offensive forwards)

3) they will not have addressed any of their organizational needs if they draft Yakupov

4) they could solve at least one of their needs in a very significant way (and immediately) if they do treade the pick

With Radulov back... And if they can lock up Suter before the draft... Maybe the Preds would trade Weber + for Nail... That would be a sick trade...

Nashville would be much thinner on the backend... But upfront...

But that would speed up the Oilers progression too fast for my liking.

I thought about this too. Do you think they could get both of washington's firsts? Then they could focus on drafting what they need. I'm not sure if nail would be seen as worth it or not.

Archived