Goaltending in Abby

especially with so many good defensive prospects - there is nothing worse for a defenseman's confidence than to be constantly fishing the puck out of your own net.  Bad goaltending makes defensemen play nervously because they know that every mistake lights the lamp behind them.

It really looked like in the pre-season that Keetley was ready to step it up to the next level. Don't understand how the wheels came off so quickly. Irving on the other hand looked like he regressed this year, so for him I'm not surprised. The trouble is most of the good NA goalies are all spoken for. Time for the scouting staff to head to Europe and find another diamond in the rough I think.

have you been to alot of the games this year FCF?

I ask because i can only go based on the reports. It looks like irving has had a couple of pretty good games, followed up by some not so good ones so it looks like consistancy is the issue not so much his overal play. I thought irving had a pretty solid camp so I was hoping he'd have a better season in the A.

IMO, Keetley has always been a little overrated from fans. he is an ok goalie, but not much better. he had backup potential at best.

have you been to alot of the games this year FCF?

I ask because i can only go based on the reports. It looks like irving has had a couple of pretty good games, followed up by some not so good ones so it looks like consistancy is the issue not so much his overal play. I thought irving had a pretty solid camp so I was hoping he'd have a better season in the A.

IMO, Keetley has always been a little overrated from fans. he is an ok goalie, but not much better. he had backup potential at best.

They started the season on the road, so they have only been home for two games now crosser. The last two against Rockford were Irving allowing 5 goals on only 22 shots, then Keetley allowing 3 on only 18 shots. Both frustrating, but in the first game we couldn't score despite outplaying them so the 5 against were more of an embarrassment than enything else. But in the second game we were winning and ended up losing. It seemed like every time they got a powerplay they scored.

I agree with all that has been said above. Both goalies looked at least improved in the preseason, but now we are in tough. If Kipper got hurt and we needed to pull Karlsson with one of these guys backing him up we would be hooped. IMO.

Archived