Some Prospect Player Movement

Strange, really strange... He started off so hot (I think he was player of the month) at the beginning of the season. I would have thought he would be better this year. I had him pencilled in as the back up to kipper next year once McElhinney decides to go elsewhere (to play more than 10 games a season). Too bad. But, I also think Lalande is very underrated, and probably was one of the best players in the ECHL.

• 2 weeks later...
Irving looks to be more and more likely to be our backup next season, unless we sign a vet.

I dont think it quite work like that. The better Irving plays, the more likely he remains in the AHL. Kipper is going to get 60-75 games each year, so you don't want to have a goalie like Irving only playing 15 games a year. Better to keep him in the AHL playing 40-50 games per year. We don't Irving in the NHL for another 5 years, when Kipper is done with his career

Its like Backlund...theres no point bringing him to the flames to slot him into a 4th line role. Hes better off in the WHL or AHL until he can crack a top 6 position.

Lalande has been on fire in QC...4 games, 4-0, 1 shutout, 1.70 GAA and a .935 save %. Has he passed Keetley on the depth chart?

Not yet, IMO, but he is closing in on him.

Lalande is always the forgotten goalie amongst the prospects. Yet, he always seems to turn in the better performances whenever i've been at the development camps. He has some upside, but Keetley's had a tough year and the Flames staff knows that. Dont' think they would be ready yet to drop him down the depth chart.

Archived