Dan Ryder Suspended

I lost all my hope in ryder when I saw him coming to training camp and look lazy and have a very careless attitude. I was holding out hope it was rust and not that, but given how poorly he has played at both levels this year its pretty clear to me the guy just doesn't want to play hockey.

Unfortunate becuase his skill level is there but it just seems like his heart isn't.

Can they still trade his rights? Maybe he can still fetch a mid round pick or some fringe prospect. Some team out there must be interested in taking a long shot on him. There's alot of players out there with questionable drive who still have managed to pull it together and play.

Yes they can.

however, a prospect that has questionable drive (not just recently but throughout his hockey career), has done nothing of note for years, and took a year off doens't have trade value.

I think any team that wanted Dan Ryder would just wait for the Flames to release him rather than give up something on a very big risk.

Good luck in Boston's organization with your brother Dan. Maybe you'll do better there.

Of course I'm just assuming that the Flames will let him go and he'll somehow pop up with his brother in Boston.

Ah hell, it would become almost like something we know from our own divison now wouldn't it?

Before: Sedin...to Sedin...to Henrik...backpass...Daniel in front...scores.

After: Ryder...back to Ryder...Dan shoots...MICHAEL KNOCKS IT OUT OF THE AIR AND THE BOSTON BRUINS DO A CRAZY DANCE FOR IT TO GO IN.

How often has the second brother drafted turned out to be better that the first? They always seem to disapoint. Off the top of my head 1.Pavel Bure>Val Bure 2.Scott Neidermayer>Rob Neidermayer 3.Sergie Fedorov>Fedor Fedorov 4.PaulKariya>Steve Kariya 5.Wayne Gretzky> Brent Gretzky 6.Mike Ryder>Dan Ryder 7.Robyn Regher >Richie Regher 8.Brian Sutter> The other 20 Sutters to make it. 9.Rocket Richard>Henri Richard 10.Bobby Hull>Dennis Hull

Though some of the younger brothers had decent careers the never seem to match the oldest sibbling.I wonder why that is?

How often has the second brother drafted turned out to be better that the first? They always seem to disapoint. Off the top of my head 1.Pavel Bure>Val Bure 2.Scott Neidermayer>Rob Neidermayer 3.Sergie Fedorov>Fedor Fedorov 4.PaulKariya>Steve Kariya 5.Wayne Gretzky> Brent Gretzky 6.Mike Ryder>Dan Ryder 7.Robyn Regher >Richie Regher 8.Brian Sutter> The other 20 Sutters to make it. 9.Rocket Richard>Henri Richard 10.Bobby Hull>Dennis Hull

Though some of the younger brothers had decent careers the never seem to match the oldest sibbling.I wonder why that is?

Henri Richard is probably the best "second brother" from your list there. He may have played in the Rocket's shadow but he had a pretty stellar career himself.

Good god, get rid of him already. I'm tired of hearing about him. Playing pro hockey is a privelege, and if he doesn't have any desire, then why waste time and a roster spot. There are lots others that will put in more effort and have more drive that could make the team, as I don't think that Ryder ever will make the NHL.

Chris Drury > Ted Drury. :P

Hasn't Henri Richard won more Stanley Cups than any other human in history?

Hasn't Henri Richard won more Stanley Cups than any other human in history?
Only 11. In 20 seasons. And 2 of those he didn't appear in the playoffs.

Side note: Most Championships as a player in any of the top leagues.

True dat. Like I said earlier, Henri had a stellar career ;) but there's no doubt that the Rocket was the more talented of the two. -_-

Archived