Quad City Flames

I'm not sure which players it applies to but some players will have 1 way contracts with QC and have no direct affiliation with the Calgary Flames. QC is able to sign some of it's own players after the Calgary Flames tell them who is coming down and what roles they expect those players to assume.

I was checking out the Quad City Flames website and seen their roster of players in training camp, and I found a few interesting names on their roster. The one that really stuck out was Troy Ofukany. Also, others such as Spang, are they considered Flames property? Or did they just walk on to training camp and can go wherever they please next year? I like the idea of Spang in the organization, I see he put up some decent numbers in the NCAA as a defensemen. If anyone could let me know, that would be great.

As far as I've seen, Dan Spang and Jonathan Tremblay signed AHL deals with Quad City, not 2-way deals with the Flames.

http://www.mlntherawfeed.com/hockey-transactions/2008/7/23/quad-city-flames-sign-dan-spang-and-jonathan-tremblay-to-ahl.html' target="_blank">http://www.mlntherawfeed.com/hockey-transa...lay-to-ahl.html[/post]

• 1 month later...
All i am wondering is when are the quad city flames gonna focus alot more on being an offensive team? Because their play under Ryan is becoming extremely OFFENSIVE to me :wacko:

Its been tough on Mcgill since Taratukhin left and Boyd made the NHL. There is not alot of offensive down there. Ryder is struggling and thats about the only offensive style player I wuld suggest is down there.

Its a team full of mainly grinder, some goal scorers but no one to get them the puck. Also no real talented puck movers. Thats a tough team to win with.

• 1 month later...
I was checking out the Quad City Flames website and seen their roster of players in training camp, and I found a few interesting names on their roster. The one that really stuck out was Troy Ofukany. Also, others such as Spang, are they considered Flames property? Or did they just walk on to training camp and can go wherever they please next year? I like the idea of Spang in the organization, I see he put up some decent numbers in the NCAA as a defensemen. If anyone could let me know, that would be great.

I realize this is an old post but Im new here and was strolling through when Ofukany's name caught my eye. Troy is playing in Wichita Kansas on a CHL league (central) for the Wichita Thunder. Our team sucks rocks again this season but Troy Ofukany still stands out he is a great player and a great kid. Fights moderate at best but he dont take no crap on the ice. Just thought I would say so in case you were interested in knowing.

Archived