Swift Current Broncos vs. Calgary Hitmen

if anyone wants to get into the playoff mood for tommorow tune into shaws channel and watch some Calgary Playoff Hockey...Hitmen Style!!

Holy Hell. Tonights game 3 was one of the best games I've seen a long long time. George Bush that was some INSANE OT going on there.

That was a pretty good game tonight. If the Hitmen could stop giving away the puck so badly they wouldn't be giving up their 2 goal leads or like tonight dropping down twice. Good hardworking team that can battle back though. That 15 minute delay to fix the glass definately benefitted the Hitmen who came out with a real good chance on the next faceoff and 30 seconds later tied the game at 5.

2-1 so far.... Hitmen are getting pretty hot in the postseason...I see us going far. What do you win in the WHL? Like what is their Equivalent of the Stanley Cup?

I should know this....but I really dont follow much other than the Flames and NHL.

2-1 so far.... Hitmen are getting pretty hot in the postseason...I see us going far. What do you win in the WHL? Like what is their Equivalent of the Stanley Cup?

I should know this....but I really dont follow much other than the Flames and NHL.

It used to be called the WHL Championship Trophy (original) but last year was changed to the Ed Chynoweth Cup. Kinda rolls off the tongue.

Calder Cup is for the AHL (eg. QC Flames) which are the minor league teams. Memorial Cup is the championship that played between the winner of the WHL (Chenowyth Cup), QMJHL and the OHL. The big prize in junior hockey.

How do you get a series if there are 3 teams in it. (WHL, QMJHL, OHL)?

Sorry but being so dumb about this lol.

How do you get a series if there are 3 teams in it. (WHL, QMJHL, OHL)?

Sorry but being so dumb about this lol.

No problem.

The host team gets automatic entry to the tournament. So, it's the host team and then each respective winner of the playoffs in the WHL, QMJHL and OHL. If it so happens that the host team wins their league then the runner up from that league goes to the Memorial Cup. That almost happened last year with Vancouver.

No problem.

The host team gets automatic entry to the tournament. So, it's the host team and then each respective winner of the playoffs in the WHL, QMJHL and OHL. If it so happens that the host team wins their league then the runner up from that league goes to the Memorial Cup. That almost happened last year with Vancouver.

Red since we're on the topic of the Memorial Cup and how teams get there... what do you think of the possibility of them expanding the Memorial Cup tournament?? I saw on Bpb McCown's radio show that it had been discussed

HITMEN have Clinched the Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they beat Swift Current tonight 8-4. What a game it was! Brock Nixon with the hat trick for the Hitmen. The Hitmen are now going to face Lethbridge in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Brock Nixon was a fantastic pick-up for the Hitmen.

I hadn't heard that. What are they suggesting?
I heard possibly expanding to 6 or 7 teams and have more games in the tourney... then Bob McCown and Jim Kelley were discussing that they felt it should be expanded to 16 or more teams and have regional playdowns like in the NCAA tourney... except dont have the games in neutral locations

Archived