QC FLAMES Jersey Auction

23 Eric Nystrom (on-line) $600

16 Dustin Boyd (on-line) $500

I bet the Flames nix that online auction for the 08-09 season. Nystrom and Boyd were our two biggest NHL success stories, yet Gerry Burke's jersey commanded several hundred dollars more than either one of theirs. Ramholt gets $1,800, but Stevenson could pull in only $1,200??? That does not make much sense.

I bet the Flames nix that online auction for the 08-09 season. Nystrom and Boyd were our two biggest NHL success stories, yet Gerry Burke's jersey commanded several hundred dollars more than either one of theirs. Ramholt gets $1,800, but Stevenson could pull in only $1,200??? That does not make much sense.
Boyd has hardly played in QC at all this year so the fans arent attatched to him... and Nystrom just got sent down a little bit ago so he hasnt gotten that following yet either

Boyd has hardly played in QC at all this year so the fans arent attatched to him... and Nystrom just got sent down a little bit ago so he hasnt gotten that following yet either

Boyd scored the first goal in QC Flames franchise history, and Nystrom has been scoring for us lately. I can't believe QC fans are more attached to Gerry Burke either, since he's spent considerable time in Vegas and on our "scratch" list. The auction format had more to do with Boyd & Nystrom's bids than anything else.

Boyd scored the first goal in QC Flames franchise history, and Nystrom has been scoring for us lately. I can't believe QC fans are more attached to Gerry Burke either, since he's spent considerable time in Vegas and on our "scratch" list. The auction format had more to do with Boyd & Nystrom's bids than anything else.

If you really think about it, why would anyone want to spend a considerable amount of money on Boyds auction jersey if it wasn't even game worn? I know i wouldn't... And as for Nystroms, I think it would have went for alot more if it wasn't for the online auction...

If you really think about it, why would anyone want to spend a considerable amount of money on Boyds auction jersey if it wasn't even game worn? I know i wouldn't... And as for Nystroms, I think it would have went for alot more if it wasn't for the online auction...

Gerry Burke's jersey was barely worn...and Burke doesn't have a single minute of NHL ice time to his name. Both the Boyd and Nystrom jerseys would've easily fetched $1,200 apiece if it wasn't for that ill-conceived online auction format.

Archived