Grant Stevenson

TSN's scouting report lists his flaws as 'Has not been able to show consistency in the scoring department, which must change if he is to claim a regular spot in the NHL.'

So pretty much, while Stevenson can display some pretty good offensive prowess at times, he's probably a little too inconsistent to stay at an NHL level. But despite that, it sounds like he's doing pretty good down at QC. I hope he gets the callup sometime in the future.

In particular, he's a RW. Maybe he'll actually be able to pot a few goals with feeds from Tanguay, rather than miss an open side like Nolan.

Yea... it seems the strategy is still to have lots of vets going into the playoffs. We've got 3 rookies on our regular line up (rookie-ish Moss, Nystrom, Boyd) and I think that's all the team can handle right now. We need a few more young guys to manage the salary next year, so he'll have a better chance then.

I'd expect him to get his shot next year when we'll be looking to fill a good handful of bodies with cheap, young talent. He managed to put up 10 goals and 22 points in 47 games his first go-around in the NHL with the Sharks, so the potential is definitely there for decent production at the NHL level.

He only just starting playing well and has struggled to remain consistant at the NHL level. On top of that he is only effective when not put in a defensive role, which is what he would be asked to do if he was brought up. Boyd, Nystrom, and Moss may not carry the offensive upside, but there overal games are more defined and thus a guy like sutter woudl target them first.

I will disagree with his defense. He has worked that part into his game and is very well rounded now... Now if you were to watch Kolanos here, then you'd see somebody who plays no defense at all. Yeah he scores, but he just skates around and tries to catch a break... Stevenson is a well rounded player and he does have The NHL experience to go along with it... I think you all up north would reall appreciate having him up there if he gets the chance. Trust me, a line with Stevenson, Prust and Boyd would be very exciting to watch. Along with a few of our other players down here. I think Calgarys future is great as long as they can keep these guys under contract..

I used to live in SJ when Stevenson was down there. Everyone needs to realize that the SJ coaches always pair their rookies up with their star players the first year to team them the ropes, then bump them down the line later and the stats drop. Look at cheechoo, bernier, pavelski, etc... Rookies out of SJ always have inflated stats.

I used to live in SJ when Stevenson was down there. Everyone needs to realize that the SJ coaches always pair their rookies up with their star players the first year to team them the ropes, then bump them down the line later and the stats drop. Look at cheechoo, bernier, pavelski, etc... Rookies out of SJ always have inflated stats.

well it was Cheechoos 3rd year in the NHL so I dont think that was the case when he scored 56 goals. I think it was he was the best RW to play beside a guy named Thornton, not because he was a rookie that they wanted to get experince on the 1st line.

if he is 2nd in goals why is he not in the all star game...he must have got asked??

He was good, but not great for most of the season but only got hot lately. After all the voting and considration had taken place and the team names. Hes been really hot that last few weeks, but before that wasn't All Star calibre. still suprised he wasn't the Flames nominee.

He was good, but not great for most of the season but only got hot lately. After all the voting and considration had taken place and the team names. Hes been really hot that last few weeks, but before that wasn't All Star calibre. still suprised he wasn't the Flames nominee.

yeah thats what I was thinking but there was a few late add ons and I would of thunk they would put Stevenson on. Its not like Pardy has been doing to well to be there.

hopefully next year they find him a spot. I cant see Yelle and Conroy being here next year (I think Conroy steals Yelles spot). Smith won't be here either. So that clears up 2 bodies.Which leaves on line 3 and 4:

Nystrom Boyd Moss

Premeau Conroy Nilson

*13th Forward - Quad City*

sounds about right. Hopefully he challenges for the spot. Who else could it go to? Prust perhaps.

Grant was a nominee.. Along with Kolanos. Neither one of them have been given the credit they desreve. The AHL team has been totally carried by those two....Grant will be A Calgary Flame at the start of next season..... You guys will be blessed to have him there with Boyd and Nystrom.....

I would like to see both in the team. But I don't think people would agree with the Kolanos bid. He played in a Prac Game and apparently looked very slow and lost.

I check the stats every now and then, and both are having good years.

Archived