Mikael Backlund

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was a real steal in that draft and all Flames fans should be excited about this guy. I expected him to put up good offensive numbers in this tournament as his hockey sense and vision are just so advanced for his age. His defensive game still needs some work, but i defiently see him as a potential number one center is he fills out his frame a bit and hones his defensive game.

Backlund is a similar player at this stage as Alfredsson, Sundin, and Foppa were. If he progresses as they do I'll be a very happy Flames fan.

I'm not arguing with that, but I think I read somewhere that Backlund's recent development hasn't been as fast as that of Foppa etc. - it may have been on www.hockeysfuture.com - then again, it's all based on an individual's opinion, so maybe we can ignore that! Either way, Backlund looks like he'll be a solid player for us. Here's hoping that he's not one of those supremely talented players who just can't adapt to the North American style. Actually, I don't envisage huge problems there, because he set up the winning goal against a pretty physical Canadian team.

Sorry to see Team Canada lost guys. I have no idea how the Americans are doing because, well, the coverage here is a negative 3 on a scale from 1 to 5. But glad to hear Backlund is playing well.

Yes he can play for the quad cities next year. Because hes not prop. of a Canadian or american junior team. If the Player is below 20 in either a european league or college team they can play in the AHL as long as they are not part of a CHL team. I'm Looking foward to see him in a Flaming QC Jersey.

Yes he can play for the quad cities next year. Because hes not prop. of a Canadian or american junior team. If the Player is below 20 in either a european league or college team they can play in the AHL as long as they are not part of a CHL team. I'm Looking foward to see him in a Flaming QC Jersey.

Thats if the Flames do stay in Quad City B)

Thats if the Flames do stay in Quad City B)

Yeah since the qcsv ownership group pays for everything other than player salarys. so I think since Calgary has no money involved like they did in omaha I say our contract is fine.

Besides not all of us hockey nuts in the qc area are so great to live in canda were everyone loves hockey and they pack the house.

One thing I never understood though is why the same people were kept in the qc from president to Marketing group. If they couldnt get it done with a "a" hockey why in the world would you keep em for the second best hockey league in the world?

Archived