Prust

man that's too bad he's got alot of positive attributes. How is is skating?

Its not bad at all. he had a little stint where he couldnt get out of his own way. ( just having a bad couple of games imo) but not bad. the coaches need to work with his temper a bit. its not like these pens are defending teammates they are more im pissed so im slashing you type of things.

I'm a big fan of Prust. I see alot of Darren McCarty in him, and think he can put that into a very good and long career. Yeah he does have some issues as far as dumb penalties, but i think he is imporving in that regard. He can skate, has some offensive touch especially down low, but also has a good all around game. I've seen him skate as a defensemen and not look out of place. I think he'll get a call up at some point this season.

I'm a big fan of Prust. I see alot of Darren McCarty in him, and think he can put that into a very good and long career. Yeah he does have some issues as far as dumb penalties, but i think he is imporving in that regard. He can skate, has some offensive touch especially down low, but also has a good all around game. I've seen him skate as a defensemen and not look out of place. I think he'll get a call up at some point this season.

I'm not looking for a TSN player profile here. fact is.. flames coaching last year said his skating needs work to be an NHLer. you mentioned that "he can skate" Is this just a statement er?

I'm not looking for a TSN player profile here. fact is.. flames coaching last year said his skating needs work to be an NHLer. you mentioned that "he can skate" Is this just a statement er?

His skating is good, hes just not a speed demon. Hes a pretty smooth skater, just not all that fast but definetly good enough to be in the NHL. If it wasn't for his hip injury, and the play of Nystrom and Boyd I'm willing to be you would have seen him as a call up already. He can play in the NHL, the only downside is his penchant for taking penalties.

From hockey's future

While his skill set isn't likely to lead him to an NHL career, his heart and desire may be enough to get him there.

He also ranks 10th on their flames top prospect list.

He is considered to become a third line forward, something this team may need in a few years but I think we already have enough of them right now without his penalties.

• 4 weeks later...

Prust right now is one of the hardest working players on the team. He handles the bulk of the fighting, but he definately has quit taking stupid penalties. His skating has improved greatly since the beginning of the year. Not a speed demon, but a good aggressive skater.

Prust is a beast and I really don't think it will be long before he's up in Calgary. He has been the main one to keep us in games here and he is a very hard working player. He has toned down on the stupid penalties and has lifted his game to the next level. I hope we can keep him down here, but I want the best for him as well....

Archived