Flames First Roster Moves

Negrin is now the only guy left from the 07 draft. Any comments on how he played in the red vs. white?

Understandably Backland left because he is a loyal guy and one of his words. I am really looking forward to seeing more of him in the years to come!

I didn't watch the offical game, but saw another scrimiage and a full day of practice but i think its somewhat suprising Negrin is stick around. He is a great effortless skater, He can reach top speed almost instantly and it looks like he isn't even trying. For that alone, he was effective in his own zone cause he is tough to get by. However, he didn't standout to me in the scrimage. hes not overly physical and does have a huge offensive tough, but again he was pretty solid. Just the type that you don't notice.

Backlund was amazing in the drill and scrimmage that i watched. Definetly has a very bright future.

I didn't watch the offical game, but saw another scrimiage and a full day of practice but i think its somewhat suprising Negrin is stick around. He is a great effortless skater, He can reach top speed almost instantly and it looks like he isn't even trying. For that alone, he was effective in his own zone cause he is tough to get by. However, he didn't standout to me in the scrimage. hes not overly physical and does have a huge offensive tough, but again he was pretty solid. Just the type that you don't notice.

Backlund was amazing in the drill and scrimmage that i watched. Definetly has a very bright future.

Thanks for your scouting report.

I haven't seen anything official from the Flames & by the Ice saying they have only two players outstanding to the Habs I assume Negrin is now back with the Ice? I guess it was just to practice a bit more. I might have to catch the Ice when they are here so I can see him myself.

More players sent down

http://flames.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...rticleid=337852

Gord Baldwin (D)

Kris Chucko (RW)

Brad Cole (D)

Cam Cunning (LW)

Ryan Donally (LW)

Matt Keetley (G)

Krys Kolanos ©

Kevin Lalande (G)

Tomi Maki (LW)

Matt Pelech (D)

Tim Ramholt (D)

Dan Ryder ©

Aki Seitsonen (RW)

Kolanos seems to be fighting for a job in QC. I'll bet tomorrow a third round of players move down leaving only a handful of guys to play out the remaining pre-season games.

Sutter said in an interview with Rob Kerr today that Krahn isn't evem fighting for a job because of the injury, and that he isn't carrying any more goalies because he wants Kipper and Curtis to get most of the work for the remainder of the preseason.

It was actually a very good interview in which Sutter gave a brief evaluation for most of the players that were sent down today.

Definately a great interview. Love to hear Sutter speak. Makes me wonder why the Flames website still pays Nystrom special attention when the GM of the squad has made it clear he's not a first round draft pick player anymore. Maybe we won't see any more "Nystrom might make it this year" articles in the summers to come...hopefully at least.

More players sent down

Kolanos seems to be fighting for a job in QC. I'll bet tomorrow a third round of players move down leaving only a handful of guys to play out the remaining pre-season games.

Kolanos didn't show up for the first day of camp yesterday in the Quad Cities. Don't know what's going on, but when the media asked McGill about it, he told them not to expect to see him at all. "If he's not here (Sunday), he won't be here at all."

Kolanos didn't show up for the first day of camp yesterday in the Quad Cities. Don't know what's going on, but when the media asked McGill about it, he told them not to expect to see him at all. "If he's not here (Sunday), he won't be here at all."

hes not under contract and thus not forced to report. he came to try out for the Flames and likely doesn't want an AHL job and thus will try and shop himself around for another NHL team to take a shot at him.

hes not under contract and thus not forced to report. he came to try out for the Flames and likely doesn't want an AHL job and thus will try and shop himself around for another NHL team to take a shot at him.

He did however say that he would do whatever it takes to make it back to the NHL including a stint in the AHL. He could be on a plane to Russia as we speak.

Archived