Quad City Flames Release Official Logo

Speaking of how cool the Omaha logo was....the Flames store in TD Square has a sale on the Omaha Knights jerseys. I assume all of the locations have the same sale going. There are only white ones left at that location, but they're on for $30. A steal of a deal.

I bought a couple of red ones for my wife & I a couple months back when they were 1/2 price ($55 each).

I couldn't agree more. The Knights logo WAS very cool. I have a red jersey and will wear it with pride and sadness.

I keep hoping that the logo will only be on the shoulders....and that they've come up with something extremely cool for the front of the jerseys.

I know I'm dreaming....but somehow that doesn't stop me from hoping! The name "Flames" alone doesn't lend itself to much.... :unsure:

I've never been one to put much stock in logos, but I think it's funny that everyone is ripping it. Especially since it is, basically, the logo of the parent club.

The reason I don't like it is that it's unimaginative. They added the "Q" to the Flaming C. The Omaha logo used the "Knight" in a classy way but also incorporated flames from the parent club.

It looks like they used the easiest option available.

Hopefully it will be more creative than a "Flaming Q". Mostly because that was the logo I thought of, and I just hope that they're more creative than me...

I've never been one to put much stock in logos, but I think it's funny that everyone is ripping it. Especially since it is, basically, the logo of the parent club.

It's out of disappointment, more than anything. What we're saying is that it's nothing special, I guess... Just "good enough".

I keep hoping that the logo will only be on the shoulders....and that they've come up with something extremely cool for the front of the jerseys.

I know I'm dreaming....but somehow that doesn't stop me from hoping! The name "Flames" alone doesn't lend itself to much.... :unsure:

I disagree that the "Flames" name alone does not 'spark' creativity. :) Just sitting here, I can think of several ideas that would be much, much better than the tacky, unoriginal design they came up with. I can think of one change alone to the current logo design that would most certainly change many of the opinions about how it looks.

One thing I loved about the Knights logo is that it incorporated the trailing flames from Calgary's "C" logo.

It seems the logo design for QC was tossed together about as hastily as the deal to move the team from Omaha.

is the new logo kind of bland? yes, but there is very little u could actually do with the name "flames" without people taking offense to the logo. it wa about what i pictured once the name flames was announced, and it is something we will have to live with as long as we are the ahl affiliate of calgary.

I disagree that the "Flames" name alone does not 'spark' creativity. :) Just sitting here, I can think of several ideas that would be much, much better than the tacky, unoriginal design they came up with. I can think of one change alone to the current logo design that would most certainly change many of the opinions about how it looks.

One thing I loved about the Knights logo is that it incorporated the trailing flames from Calgary's "C" logo.

It seems the logo design for QC was tossed together about as hastily as the deal to move the team from Omaha.

I'd have to say the logo was put together pretty quickly as well. It's likely the result of the short period of time they had after the decision to leave. I'm sure next year something new and better will be brougt out. However I can't agree the move to Omaha was done hasitly. Yes people on Omaha got screwed over a bit, but the team moved with good reason. Not like they packed their bags and moved out in the night. Ken King took his lumps for this. Time to move one people.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived