Knights Rally

I really liked the relationship the Flames had with the Knights.. I liked the Knights Uniforms also. I'm very proud of the Knights and how well they did this year.. I really hope the Flames organization gives Omaha a chance, at least 1 more year to show thier support.. This move was unexpected and its truely unfair to the fans of the Knights to walk off without them having a say.

Here's to having another year in Omaha.. Go Knights Go!!

I think its too bad that the Knights are probably going to leave, but only 40 people showed up? That doesnt really show a lot of support for the team, even if those 40 are diehards. That may just solidify managements decision to leave.

Please try to understand, the rally was announced on-line, and held soon after. Not everyone can be on line during their working hours, so they weren't all able to get the time off from work.

Remember, Omaha was blindsided by this announcement. Flames management had promised another year. They were taken at their word. We had no idea that they were considering a move.

I sincerely hope that management will take a great deal more into consideration than the numbers at the rally.

Please try to understand, the rally was announced on-line, and held soon after. Not everyone can be on line during their working hours, so they weren't all able to get the time off from work.

Remember, Omaha was blindsided by this announcement. Flames management had promised another year. They were taken at their word. We had no idea that they were considering a move.

I sincerely hope that management will take a great deal more into consideration than the numbers at the rally.

Ok well that makes sense why so few came out, but couldnt the rally organizers have planned it for a couple days later or announced the rally a couple days earlier? Numbers make a big difference in a rally and it seems like it would be worth it to ensure the support before it was planned.

I agree with you that I hope they consider more than just the numbers, but I would have to think that the low turnout has to be a point on the side of leaving. To them, they dont know that it was a rushed rally and would see it as only 40 people care enough to come out.

I don't want to speak for the BC but I suspect the feeling was we need to do something now vs waiting and shooting for a better organized event. Honestly, I was pleased that 40 people showed up at a moments notice. I was even more surprised that the event was covered by good old Fox 42. IMO, the booster club has done a great job at keeping fans informed and communicating what info they are getting from the Knights and Flames.

I don't want to speak for the BC but I suspect the feeling was we need to do something now vs waiting and shooting for a better organized event. Honestly, I was pleased that 40 people showed up at a moments notice. I was even more surprised that the event was covered by good old Fox 42. IMO, the booster club has done a great job at keeping fans informed and communicating what info they are getting from the Knights and Flames.

I'm sure you're right. The rally was meant to be a quick response. It's not like Knights fans have had a lot of time to try and plan, we didn't find out the Flames were shopping around until it came out in the paper.

I hope that the word "committed" means the same thing to the Flames board as it does to the people in Nebraska. That was the word used to Omaha by the Calgary Flames in April when the team made the playoffs. I was at the rally because I could be. It was very short notice and I had a commitment 45 miles from Omaha that I took care of. I rushed back to be a part of the rally, then drove back out 45 miles to the event. The hundreds of people who drove by honking in support was a real inspiration!

Archived