Ahl Western Confrence Champs

Silly question, but in the AHL regular season... do they lineup it so the AHL affiliate of each NHL team plays eachother when the NHL teams do? It seems all so often that I hear both teams are playing eachother... when their NHL affiliate is. But anyways, good for the Knights! Things have really improved for them since they got rid of Jim Playfair. :lol:

Ruddman23, u seem to be the goto guy regarding details about the knights.

2 quick questions:

When do the playoffs start in the AHL?

if u had to choose 1 player from the knights that could help provide a physical (hitting not necessarily fighting) element to the flames series with the wings (on the 3rd/4th line) who would you recommend from your knowledge about the knights?

Ruddman23, u seem to be the goto guy regarding details about the knights.

2 quick questions:

When do the playoffs start in the AHL?

if u had to choose 1 player from the knights that could help provide a physical (hitting not necessarily fighting) element to the flames series with the wings (on the 3rd/4th line) who would you recommend from your knowledge about the knights?

First round starts on Friday night here in Omaha

Your second question is interesting. If you wanted a pure scorer it would be Boyd. Physical play would be Prust, all around skills Andrei Taratukhin. Tukes has great eyesight for finding open players on the ice as well as can score when needed. Crisp passer and you have to remember this is his first season playing with NHL rules and ice.

You also can not single out Carsen Germyn. He might not be the biggest player on the ice but he is tough and is not afraid of going into a corner and mixing it up. Good leadership skills and see's the ice well.

Prust is prob. the guy you were asking about. Last year he was a fight first type of player but this year he has added the ability to handle the puck. It reminds me of Happy Gilmore learning how to putt.

Silly question, but in the AHL regular season... do they lineup it so the AHL affiliate of each NHL team plays eachother when the NHL teams do? It seems all so often that I hear both teams are playing eachother... when their NHL affiliate is. But anyways, good for the Knights! Things have really improved for them since they got rid of Jim Playfair. :lol:

Yeah, i bet they hate winning Calder Cups.

(and technically, Playfair never coached the Knights)

Archived